Hello All, I just recently inherited BES admin support at my company and I was ... Server Admins forum

usnalwo no está en línea Stack level 1

EA Password expiration time

Advertisement

Hello All,

I just recently inherited BES admin support at my company and I was wondering if someone could help me with a small problem.

We have just recently started using an outside vendor to manage all of our cellular devices. They have asked if I could extend the length of time that an EA password is valid. Right now I believe it is set to 48 hours, but they would like to have this extended to 72 hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Allen

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: EA Password expiration time

What version of BES are you on? in 4.0 its 48 hours but in 4.1 you can customize it to be longer.

Details

Refer to this overview of some new features for enterprise activation on BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1.
    Enterprise Activation Password Expiration
    In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0, the enterprise activation password specified by an administrator expires in 48 hours, or after 5 unsuccessful attempts to enter the password on the BlackBerry device.
    In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1, the administrator can specify a password expiration time. To do this, perform the following steps on the user account in BlackBerry Manager:
    1. Click Set Activation Password.
    2. Type a password and retype it for confirmation.
    3. In the Password Expires In drop-down list, click an expiration time.
    4. Click OK.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8