Hello, I have problems with the requests for meeting. When one of my user is ... Server Admins forum

Mathos no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Duplicate meeting requests problem

Advertisement

Hello,

I have problems with the requests for meeting.

When one of my user is invited to a meeting he receives the request on his mailbox and in his BB device (It is thus OK).

If he accepts the request in the mailbox the invitation remains in the BB (the synchro is not good for this request) and if he accepts also in the BB it creates 2 identical meetings...

Somebody has an idea ?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: meeting request synchro

Install BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 3.6 Service Pack 4 (3.6.4) or later.

If on Groupwise:
    Install BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1.
    The device should be upgraded to BlackBerry Device Software 3.7 to Service Pack 1 or later
    (sorry not sure of what you have)

From RIM:
    When a meeting is rescheduled in an organizer’s Microsoft Outlook® account by a delegate, a new calendar entry is created for the update, but the old calendar entry is not removed from the BlackBerry device.
    The BlackBerry Messaging Agent log displays the following:
    [40230] (08/16 10:53:18):{0xE40} {<user_name>@<domain>} Queuing notification of modified appointment (external, busy). EntryId=43063 (127989): [40465] (08/16 10:53:18):{0x10CC} {<user_name>@<domain>} Get source key for this MAPI object, EntryId=43063
    [40405] (08/16 10:53:18):{0xE40} {<user_name>@<domain>} MAPIMailbox::HandleObjectModifiedNotification - OpenEntry (0x8004010f) failed.
    [30000] (08/16 10:53:18):{0x10C0} {<user_name>@<domain>} Sending data to Dispatcher, size=223, Tag=391785
    [40000] (08/16 10:53:18):{0x10C0} {<user_name>@<domain>} SendToDispatcher, Tag=391785
    The 0x8004010f entry corresponds to a return value from the OpenEntry functionMAPI_E_NOT_FOUND, indicating that EntryId43063 does not exist or cannot be found.
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Hope that's not your issue.

Problem

When using the BlackBerry device to schedule a recurring meeting in the past, the meeting invitee(s) receive two meeting requests instead of one. The meeting also appears as Updated in the organizer’s and invitee’s calendars.

Resolution

Install the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software 4.1.
    1. Disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer.
    2. Go to your service provider’s web site and download the latest device software and service packs for your BlackBerry device.
    3. Install the software on your computer. For installation instructions, see BlackBerry Wireless Handheld Upgrade Instructions.
    4. Verify that you have installed BlackBerry Device Software version 4.1.0.233 or later. For instructions, see the Additional Information section.
    5. Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
    6. Using the Application Loader tool in Desktop Manager, upgrade the software on your device.
    7. Schedule a recurring meeting in your device calendar to verify that the problem is fixed.

Additional Information

To identify what device software you have installed on your computer
    1. In Desktop Manager, click Help > About Desktop Manager.
    2. Click the Device Software tab. The device software is listed.
    ----------------------------------------------

Or is this your issue:

Details

A meeting request is sent to a delegate on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. You open the meeting request to read it, and the meeting request also appears in the delegate’s Calendar. The meeting organizer sends a meeting cancellation to you, and the meeting cancellation message also appears in the delegate’s calendar.
    The meeting is not removed from the delegate’s Calendar until one of the following occurs:
    • You read the meeting cancellation email. The wordCancelled will precede the Subject in both your Calendar and your delegate's Calendar.
    • You select Remove from Calendar in the meeting cancellation email. The meeting is removed from both Calendars.
    Note: This is by design.

----------------------------

Groupwise again:

Problem

As an organizer, you send a weekly recurring meeting that spans over multiple months to an invitee. The meeting request is accepted from the GroupWise client. When the meeting request is deleted on the invitee’s BlackBerry wireless device and non-consecutive instances of the meeting are deleted in the invitee’s GroupWise client, these non-consecutive instances remain on the BlackBerry device until a Calendar Reconcile process occurs.
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Hope this helps!

Re: Duplicate meeting requests problem

Thank you for this very complete explanation
    I will analyze all that to see what I can do.
    Sorry for the informations: I have a BES for exchange version 4.0 (old version) without service pack. I will install the version 4.1 as soon as possible

I have indeed this kind of message but not only for the mailboxes with delegation... (ten per day for 5 or 6 users from the 17 Blackberry users- 2 users without delegation and the others yes)

[40465] (06/08 08:18:33):{0x1518} XXX@yyy.com Get source key for this MAPI object, EntryId=147005
    [40405] (06/08 08:18:33):{0x1518} XXX@yyy.com MAPIMailbox::OpenMessage - OpenEntry (0x8004010f) failed.
    [40466] (06/08 08:18:33):{0x1518} XXX@yyy.com Unable to get source key for this MAPI object, EntryId=147005

I note that many people on the forums have problems with the meetings and that it does not seem to have always solutions

Last things to know:

We have Exchange 2003 SP2 Entreprise edition on a Windows 2003 SP1 Server
    Our devices are 8700/8707 and 8800 with version 4.1.0.258/4.1.0.316/4.2.68
    Our BES is the version 4.0 without service pack.
    We are waiting for the version 4.1 (already ordered)

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Should be fixed with the 4.1 upgrade. Let us know.