question: someone brought their phone to me and he has two instances of his inbox ... Server Admins forum

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2

Duplicate Inbox

Advertisement

question: someone brought their phone to me and he has two instances of his inbox on his phone. When he goes to "view folder" it lists two expandable "inbox" One of them hasn't been updated for a couple months. My question is, assuming he has never plugged his phone into his desktop how did it get there? second, whats the best way to get rid of it?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    by duplicate inbox do you mean different message folders?

what are they called?

-email accounts
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

STL8700 no está en línea Stack level 2
    No, there is only one messages folder on his home screen. Its when he selects "view folders" and it lists out his folders. Their are two "inbox" with the same subfolders.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Did he set up his corporate email through his BIS service? (In addition to BES) I had a user that set it up with BIS, then activated him on the BES and he would get an email and 5 min later he would get the same email....he hjad 2 of everything. Might want to look into their BIS settings. I had to delete his BIS account and all went well....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    Did he set up his corporate email through his BIS service? (In addition to BES) I had a user that set it up with BIS, then activated him on the BES and he would get an email and 5 min later he would get the same email....he hjad 2 of everything. Might want to look into their BIS settings. I had to delete his BIS account and all went well....

I would think to actually see two Inboxes listed under view folders it would have to be BES. Does he have two in Outlook? If not...trying turning Wireless Reconcile off and on again in Messages options (change to off, save and change to on and save)..this may fix it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~