Surprised there isn't (that I found) a discussion on the behavior of the DST patch. ... Server Admins forum

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

DST Patch behavior

Advertisement

Surprised there isn't (that I found) a discussion on the behavior of the DST patch. We're all busy thinking we're pushing it down to our users' devices. When in fact all we are doing is dropping a "helper" app in place that phones home to RIM. Only when it does it is often finding no server available. My colleague contacted them today and learned their servers are simply overrun.

If the Helper doesn't get the patch downloaded within 18 hours it switches to "user mode" wherein the user must locate it in Options; Applications, Click and choose Download - and it will start trying again.

What it means for us is that we'll be pushing this thing out immediately rather than wait for later next week as we had intended to.
    PIN: 303150C7

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: DST Patch behavior

Good to know. Thanks!
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Checked mine, had to select download also. Thanks for the info.

NeoTexan no está en línea Stack level 1

D/l'd the patch last week. I didn't verify it in apps. I just went to apps in options and do not see anything that looks like it has to do with DST. Is there a way (other than changing date on BB) to know if it is installed?

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Welcome!, go to options-select dts patch 2007 and it should give you its current status

jclif no está en línea Device Pro

Where is everyone getting the patch? I thought it was just the updated software for my 8100 that would fix any DST problems.

NeoTexan no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by likefre
    Welcome!, go to options-select dts patch 2007 and it should give you its current status
    Thanks ... I was going to applications under Advanced Options. Luckey me, mine says applied!

rsawh no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi There,
    We run a BES server version 4.0 and it's all patched up and we have applied the DST as well and push out the apps on each handheld. In Microsoft exchange everything is fine, if you use outlook or OWA on an exchange server and schedule appointments then is shows up in correct time on the Blackberry.

However if you schedule an appointment of the Blackberry then it's off by an hour late.

Any idea what’s causing this?

Thanks in Advance.

Robin from: Edmonton, AB

scottmik no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rsawh
    Hi There,
    We run a BES server version 4.0 and it's all patched up and we have applied the DST as well and push out the apps on each handheld. In Microsoft exchange everything is fine, if you use outlook or OWA on an exchange server and schedule appointments then is shows up in correct time on the Blackberry.

However if you schedule an appointment of the Blackberry then it's off by an hour late.

Any idea what’s causing this?

Thanks in Advance.

Robin from: Edmonton, AB

i have Exactly the same problem....we are running BES 4.1.2.25 in an exchange 2000 environment. everything is patched. but i did not update the cdo.dll. as stated in one of their documents.

. i'm going to try that next.
    Last edited by scottmik; 03-13-2007 at 10:21 AM.

shane99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: DST Patch behavior

Doesn't sound like the patch was installed correctly. On the BES if you can navigate to Start>Programs>Blackberry Enterprise Server>Blackberry Handheld Configuration Tool You can verify if the patch was installed correctly.

jtmberry no está en línea Stack level 1

At our organization the root cause was that the BES was running on a Windows2000 platform and the TZ on the server had to be twiddled manually. Not my job so i don't know the details.

zachary6 no está en línea Stack level 1

We are noticeing the same behavior with our Blackberries. If you schedule a meeting on the handheld it will show up one hour later in your outlook. Has anyone found a fix for this?
    Zac

shane99 no está en línea Stack level 1

Make sure all Windows updates are ran. I ran into a few users with this same issue. Once I ran all the Windows updates it corrected the problem. Keep in mind if someone sends an appointment, and they don't have the patch on there workstation, it will effect all users who get the meeting invite.