Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Has anybody attempted to locate the two apps specified in the documentation: "Patch Manager" and ... Server Admins forum

bb_insanity no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: DST CHANGES in 2007

Advertisement

Has anybody attempted to locate the two apps specified in the documentation:

"Patch Manager"
    and
    DST2007Query.exe

I have been unable to locate so far... This would automate the process avoid the need to run any scripts, or have users manually intervene

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Re: DST CHANGES in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bb_insanity
    Has anybody attempted to locate the two apps specified in the documentation:

"Patch Manager"
    and
    DST2007Query.exe

I have been unable to locate so far... This would automate the process avoid the need to run any scripts, or have users manually intervene
    It will be available in 4-5 days. I'll post link when it becomes available.

ugreb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FD06E0

Hmm, 4-5 Days. I was reading it should be available today 12.Feb. ... Nothing yet but anyway, Canada just wakes up.
    Now, in order to apply all fixes, for BES 4.1 SP2 on Domino, the HotFix 3 should be applied. Did anyone install that and has made special experiences, had crashes, or good advises before I go ahead?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I just patched my 8703e from the web and I have downloaded the 2 files for our BES at work. I am going to apply them next week.

arpaterson no está en línea Stack level 1

I’ve just checked the BlackBerry website and the patches are now there for downloading.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

I have downloaded and applied the patches for BES. I also downloaded and installed the patches for a couple of BIS users. All is well.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    What s/w version are you running? The newer versions of 4.2 don't require patched, so that may be why you don't see anything different.

Everytime I visit this page on my device, it spends a good while requesting, then loading and then running script, and then eventually the page loads.

How very mysterious...
    I am running 4.2.0.71 on a BB Pearl 8100. All I see is stuff about updating if you're on a BES or manually resetting the time via the Date/Time settings on the device itself, but nothing about a BIS patch.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    I just patched my 8703e from the web and I have downloaded the 2 files for our BES at work. I am going to apply them next week.
    I'm dealing with this right now myself. The 2 files you got are probably the ones that you will be pushing via the BES to other devices via a Software Configuration.

The update for the BES itself is limited to copying in the cdo.dll provided in the Microsoft Exchange patch.
    PIN: 303150C7

aikidojoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone know the location of the Send As permission tool? Do I need to run that in an Exchange 2000 update scenario?

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

I'd suggest reading ther below article which also inclused the download for the send as tool.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...%200%204262152

Lightbulb Re: DST CHANGES in 2007

Here is how I patched my BES:

My plan was simple. We use WSUS 3.0 RC for patch deployment to the client Desktops and Laptops, so I simply approved the patch for deployment, it will update overnight in accordance with normal Windows Updating procedures.

The patch for BES is actually an Exchange CDO patch, reference Microsoft KB 926666. I then applied the patch to the Exchange server, which did require a restart. There were several patches released Tuesday that needed to be applied as well anyways. My BES server is a domain controller and runs the management tools for Exchange, it required an update as well (this may be due to my incorrectly installing the management tools). I applied the patch to the BES server, which did not require a restart, it simply restarted the services.

This patch will reset SendAs permissions again, just like the previous Exchange services packs and some updates have done. I use the VBScript AddSendAs.vbs from the Microsoft KB 912918. I have attached it to this e-mail and it is on the bottom of the KB. The syntax is simple:

To export users who have Full Mailbox Access without the Send As permission for a domain, enter the following command:
    Code:
     CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs [domain controller name] –Export
    Edit the file as necessary.

To import an edited Export file, enter the following command:

Code:
     CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs [domain controller name] –Import [filename]

In my situation I just needed to apply the Send As permission to all of the results from the export. See below for those instructions. YMMV please read the notes from the KB article:

To grant the Send As permission respectively for each mailbox in the domain for all users who already have the Full Mailbox Access permission for a mailbox:
    Code:
     CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs [domain controller name] –SetAll
    The patch was run from the BES server (which is a Domain Controller) on a domain admin account. The server has Exchange Management Tools installed. That account is also an Exchange Administrator. YMMV but this is what worked for me.

Once this was run the Exchange 2003, Client, and Server deployments were done. All that is left is to patch the devices. I sent an e-mail to those BB users which are not on our BES to drop their BBs of for an hour to be patched (it does take at least 20 minutes, 5 to send the patch 15-20 for the device to reset and update).

For the BES users I followed the instructions for the attached PDF.

I have also attached AddSendAs.txt it needs to be renamed to .vbs

I hope this helps. I have received several requests for this via e-mail and have decided to post it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

bbgirl35 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg257
    Here is how I patched my BES:

My plan was simple. We use WSUS 3.0 RC for patch deployment to the client Desktops and Laptops, so I simply approved the patch for deployment, it will update overnight in accordance with normal Windows Updating procedures.

The patch for BES is actually an Exchange CDO patch, reference Microsoft KB 926666. I then applied the patch to the Exchange server, which did require a restart. There were several patches released Tuesday that needed to be applied as well anyways. My BES server is a domain controller and runs the management tools for Exchange, it required an update as well (this may be due to my incorrectly installing the management tools). I applied the patch to the BES server, which did not require a restart, it simply restarted the services.

This patch will reset SendAs permissions again, just like the previous Exchange services packs and some updates have done. I use the VBScript AddSendAs.vbs from the Microsoft KB 912918. I have attached it to this e-mail and it is on the bottom of the KB. The syntax is simple:

To export users who have Full Mailbox Access without the Send As permission for a domain, enter the following command:
    Code:
     CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs [domain controller name] –Export
    Edit the file as necessary.

To import an edited Export file, enter the following command:
    Code:
     CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs [domain controller name] –Import [filename]

In my situation I just needed to apply the Send As permission to all of the results from the export. See below for those instructions. YMMV please read the notes from the KB article:

To grant the Send As permission respectively for each mailbox in the domain for all users who already have the Full Mailbox Access permission for a mailbox:
    Code:
     CSCRIPT AddSendAs.vbs [domain controller name] –SetAll
    The patch was run from the BES server (which is a Domain Controller) on a domain admin account. The server has Exchange Management Tools installed. That account is also an Exchange Administrator. YMMV but this is what worked for me.

Once this was run the Exchange 2003, Client, and Server deployments were done. All that is left is to patch the devices. I sent an e-mail to those BB users which are not on our BES to drop their BBs of for an hour to be patched (it does take at least 20 minutes, 5 to send the patch 15-20 for the device to reset and update).

For the BES users I followed the instructions for the attached PDF.

I have also attached AddSendAs.txt it needs to be renamed to .vbs

I hope this helps. I have received several requests for this via e-mail and have decided to post it.

thats frickin awesome. Simple and fast. nice. even though I have read all of the dang articles for the past week. You have summed it up very nicely. Do you mind if I cut and paste your plan in a Word Doc and say its mine? I have to submit a Project Plan to my CIO by COB today...

bbgirl35 no está en línea Stack level 1

another question in an RIM article the CDO ver is different from the Microsoft article, not that it matters, but my CIO has a problem with that.

Does anyone actually "know" the correct version of CDO?

The Microsoft KB article is correct. CDO.dll Version 6.5.7651.61
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12