Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone have any info about how the daylight savings time changes in March of ... Server Admins forum

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Question DST CHANGES in 2007

Advertisement

Does anyone have any info about how the daylight savings time changes in March of '07 will affect the Blackberry's? Are there any patches that will need applied to the BES or handhelds?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: DST CHANGES in 2007

Good question. Will post on this shortly.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Whhhhhhoooooooooooa!!!!!!!!! What rock have I been other, I did not realize this had changed.

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

Go to http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst2007/index.shtml for updates regarding this issue.

Also check out http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx for additional information.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    Does anyone have any info about how the daylight savings time changes in March of '07 will affect the Blackberry's? Are there any patches that will need applied to the BES or handhelds?
    I've just tried to patch a couple of devices by going to www.blackberry.com\dst2007 as directed by the relevant RIM pages. I can see that the devices are downloading and running a script when they hit the pages, but I don't see any evidence that the patch is installed, as RIM indicate i should by going to 'Options > DST 2007'

Anyone else tried this and had evidence it has actually patched?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have done the same on 3 different ones and nothing. 2 7250's and 1 8703e. I get the same thing on them all like the post above.

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

The patches won't be released til the end of the month. Finally got all the info from our RIM contacts

The patches won't be released til the end of the month. Finally got all the info from our RIM contacts
    thats what i read on blackberry.com, but if they're not released yet, what script is being downloaded and run on my devices when i visit blackberry.com\dst2007?

PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Quote Originally Posted by miles_troope
    thats what i read on blackberry.com, but if they're not released yet, what script is being downloaded and run on my devices when i visit blackberry.com\dst2007?
    anytime I goto blackberry.com\dst2007 it just pulls up the page as if I were looking at it on a PC

anytime I goto blackberry.com\dst2007 it just pulls up the page as if I were looking at it on a PC
    What s/w version are you running? The newer versions of 4.2 don't require patched, so that may be why you don't see anything different.

Everytime I visit this page on my device, it spends a good while requesting, then loading and then running script, and then eventually the page loads.

How very mysterious...

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I just tried it with my 7100g running OS 4.1.0.292 and all I get is the same page redrawn when I go to http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007 .
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikadad
    I just tried it with my 7100g running OS 4.1.0.292 and all I get is the same page redrawn when I go to http://www.blackberry.com/dst2007 .
    Guess I'll just wait till the patches are supposed to be released and try it again. Certainly at the moment although the devices I've tested appear to download and run a script, there's no sign of the patch being applied as RIM say, checking in Options for a '2007 DST Patch' option

Patches will be available from the RIM website in February. I don't know exactly where yet but I will let you all know as soon as this happens.

berriberri no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D1F626

I've seem to have run into a problem I'm not sure about. The users bb seems to have sync problems, but nothing to correct it works. Even wiping the device and doing an enterprise activation. The only indication of an error I get is when I check the account on the BES. I see the message 'Failed Forwarding Message' down where the carrier information is.

Any ideas?
    thanks

Cause 1
    The Microsoft Exchange Server failed to respond.
    Resolution
    Send a message from the Microsoft Outlook client to ensure that it can send and receive messages. If the attempt to send fails, contact your system administrator and confirm if there are any issues regarding the Microsoft Exchange Server.
    Cause 2
    There are network problems.
    Resolution
    Send a Personal Identification Number (PIN) message from the BlackBerry device to verify that it can contact the network.
    1. On the BlackBerry device Home screen, go toOptions>Network Settings.
    2. Click the trackwheel and select Register with Wireless Network.
    3. Save your changes.
    Cause 3
    There is insufficient memory on the computer.
    Resolution
    Free up some memory by closing open applications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast