Hi all, Very new to the BB. I am using BES. I was under the ... Server Admins forum

billwoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Download all emailS

Advertisement

Hi all,
    Very new to the BB. I am using BES. I was under the impression that I would be able to see all emails & folders exactly as they would appear in outlook but I only see new emails on my BB. Is there a way to access every email?

n8dbb2 no está en línea Stack Addict

Re: Download all emailS

Go into your messages folder. Click the trackwheel, then View Folder, and it will show all your folders (assuming you have them set for redirection to your device).

If they are not there, then you will need to log into the BES or have your IT director do it, and tell them what folders you want redirected to your device.

Thanks for the quick response. I do see that all the folders are there, but when I view folders no emails apear. It states *NO MESSAGES* although I see them in outlook.

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

Smile

They are there, you just have to get to your options and then "file". Your folders will be there

angeldaddy01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2471bab9

Quote Originally Posted by billwoo
    Thanks for the quick response. I do see that all the folders are there, but when I view folders no emails apear. It states *NO MESSAGES* although I see them in outlook.
    It will only show the emails that are on the device. If you sync it with your outlook it might show up that way as well!

I do see all the folders, they just are empty. I would like to see emails already read in outlook.

MikeJ7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Your IT person must select which folders withing Outlook that you want to sync. I do the IT on ours, and you must select each folder you wish to redirect/sync. Easy fix, just email or call the IT person, let them know which folders you wish.

prickleypete no está en línea Stack level 2

Your Folders are visible based upon redirection settings on the BES server (you can select which folders on the BES configuration on your server user settings), but upon the initial synchronization, no messages are visible.

However, with that said, once your BB is initialized and synchronized with the BES Server and Outlook/Notes, when you move messages from this point forward into folders from your Mail client and/or your handheld, the message will be visible and accessible from your handheld.

Remember, upon the initial synchronization, no messages can be seen or retrieved. ONLY new messages filed or moved into your sub-folders can be seen on the handheld after synchronization.

Also, remember, the Blackberry handheld should ONLY be used as a conduit client to email. It should NOT be used as a storage device for email, it is not a PC, nor can it handle thousands of messages. The BES is designed to work in the manner described above to give you the option of what you store on your device and not fill/max your handheld on the initial synchronization.

I hope this helps.