We are running BES 4.1.3.16 and Domino v7.0.2FP2. For the most part, everything works excellent. ... Server Admins forum

DaleDennis no está en línea Stack level 1

Domino/Notes messages filed on desktop take a long time to synch to handheld

Advertisement

We are running BES 4.1.3.16 and Domino v7.0.2FP2. For the most part, everything works excellent. We have only one "problem" that is a bit annoying. When a user files a message using their desktop, i.e. the Lotus Notes client, it takes at a minimum several minutes, and sometimes several hours for the message to be filed on the handheld. In the meantime, the handheld is still receiving new messages without any problem.

It seems the process in BES that checks for filed messages is different than the process checking for new messages, and that the "filed message" process is running at a lower priority. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if it is possible to raise the priority so that filed messages get updated on the handheld faster?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Last edited by DaleDennis; 08-31-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Domino/Notes messages filed on desktop take a long time to synch to handheld

My BES does the same, only it's Exchange.
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

Nico57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Domino/Notes messages filed on desktop take a long time to synch to handheld

No such problem here with 4.1.4.15 on Domino 6.5.6, and a mix of 8100s and 8800s.

The only issue we had so far was 8100s receiving these "filed messages" (redirected copy of Lotus Notes sent mail) as new unread mails, with the unread count growing steady.
    This was fixed by upgrading from 4.2.0.51 to 4.2.0.67 (and breaking our carrier's support contract in the process ).

Maybe you should upgrade to a newer BES version ?

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

RIM acknowledges that certain reconciles or Folder Management requests are executed at a lower priority than new Messages. But no tech can either give me the details off of the top of their head, or if I do let them research the issue, I'm send a copy of KB02207 again!

I've asked for this multiple times on my TSupport over the phone. I've even explicitly asked for a OTAFM whitepaper (Domino-specific, if available) to no avail. Each time I'm sent a copy of KB02207 instead (which is not what I asked for).

[FONT=Courier]Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. Here is a link to an article in our BlackBerry Technical Solution Center that contains a description of the issue we discussed.

Article Title: Run Fixup, Updall, and Compact tasks

Article Number: KB02207

Link:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...%200%201947697

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Joe
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    Tel:
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
    Email: help@blackberry.net
    Web: www.blackberry.com
    [/FONT]
    I guess RIM doesn't understand what I'm (we're) looking for. If anyone knows of a whitepaper or guide that details this, I'd love to read it. The standard documentation (Admin Guide, Feature&Technical overview, Install Guide, Release Notes, Technical Notes, Upgrade Guide) doesn't have what I'm looking for, unless I've missed it.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4