I just did the .5 upgrade and on one of my servers I am now ... Server Admins forum

pinkert11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Domino BES Failed Over Message

Advertisement

I just did the .5 upgrade and on one of my servers I am now getting a failed over message. The message is scrolling in the Domino Server. It is happening for every user listed and about ever other second.

My setup is a BES per division and the one that is failing is for our USA based users. The line reads: "{user name/domain} Mail Server CN=Canada Server/o=domain failed over to CN=USA Server/0=domain"

Everything is working as per normal, and the users mail server is the "CN=USA Server/0=domain", but I can not seem to figure out what is causing the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? My other BES upgraded and are running with no issues.

Thanks for any help.

BekNazar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a6d5d6
    Hi pinkert11,
    Did you ever figure this out?
    I upgraded this morning and have 2 users getting this fail over message....
    I do have replicas on the 2 servers it is failing over to/from.

Todd

BekNazar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a6d5d6
    Update,

I upgraded to Domino 7.0.2 on the BES server and now the message appears
    much more seldom....
    I was on 7.0 previously.

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3
    I've also run into this issue on Domino 8.0. From what I can determine there is no noticeable effect on BES or Domino, just a constant logging of the message to the console. It would be nice to be able to clean it up (or at least determine the cause), but I haven't been able to find anything on it yet.

pinkert11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have been testing with the 8300 simulator, and setting up a dummy user account on the BES with the errors. All users currently have the errors, and my dummy account also gets the errors when added new. There does not seem to be any issues in terms of performance, but it is buggy looking, and large events logs. It is driving me nuts, as it is not perfect, it is an error and I want to resolve it.

On my CDN server, which has the exact same setup, there are no errors or issues at all. This is making me scratch my head even more, but at least I have to comparable setups that I can cross reference against each other. If I find anything, or resolve it, I will post it.

Darther no está en línea Stack level 1

I called RIM on this

I called RIM on this on saturday and its a false positive and nothing to be concerned with. It will be fixed in 4.1.7 was actually reported in 4.1.5 but they could get it fixed before 4.1.6 came out. Only issue you should watch your notes log could grow larger becuase of this message continuesly in the log. But caused no issues for the user or the server