Great news! RIM recently announced an upcoming BlackBerry platform update with performance enhancements including the ... Server Admins forum

swamp_water no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Documents To Go by DataViz for BlackBerry devices - Product Update

Advertisement

Great news! RIM recently announced an upcoming BlackBerry platform update with performance enhancements including the ability to support native document downloading and editing with the integration of Documents To Go:

To take advantage of this feature, users will need BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) version 4.1.5 or higher, as well as an OS update for their BlackBerry smartphones to version 4.5 or higher.

Also see:
    -- DataViz and RIM to Announce Documents to Go by Q2
    -- RIM Showcase BlackBerry Platform Enhancements
    -- Coming soon: DocumentsToGo For BlackBerry
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 02-08-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: edited title

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Documents To Go by DataViz for BlackBerry devices - Product Update

I just got that email as well

jbel2112 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300C2326

Will the update be available for users on BIS?

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

FAQ’s:

Will BIS Support be available for Native Attachment Handling?
    ->RIM has not yet released information in regards to native document support for BIS and other flavors of the BES. Please check back with RIM for more information and future announcements.

What OS will my smartphone require to use Documents To Go?
    ->Phones will require the OS 4.5 update to use Documents To Go. Please check with your phone/wireless carrier for more information about what OS your device is currently running and availability of future updates.

Will you have a Beta or Preview of Documents To Go available?
    ->A Documents To Go Beta is not planned at this time although a demo will be available upon release.

What will the price be for Documents To Go for BlackBerry?
    ->Pricing has not yet been finalized but it is expected to be consistent with similar mobile solutions in the market today.

bigdog364 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2439E565

LOL! The wait continues. Tease us with a "RIM" announcement, yet no mention of a date. I'm amazed at the lack of service to its consumer to allow such discussions on a topic that RIM could end by simply announcing a date for the release. I guess the reason for my venting comes from missing out on a great promotion to get the Empower email viewer for free, which I held out waiting for the update. Now this announcement leads me to believe the Documents To Go will be at a charge, where its my understanding that the new models already come with installed. Am I wrong with that last statement? Sorry for the long reply.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    FAQ’s:

Will BIS Support be available for Native Attachment Handling?
    ->RIM has not yet released information in regards to native document support for BIS and other flavors of the BES. Please check back with RIM for more information and future announcements.

What OS will my smartphone require to use Documents To Go?
    ->Phones will require the OS 4.5 update to use Documents To Go. Please check with your phone/wireless carrier for more information about what OS your device is currently running and availability of future updates.

Will you have a Beta or Preview of Documents To Go available?
    ->A Documents To Go Beta is not planned at this time although a demo will be available upon release.

What will the price be for Documents To Go for BlackBerry?
    ->Pricing has not yet been finalized but it is expected to be consistent with similar mobile solutions in the market today.
    Thanks. Was about to write something like this also.

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog364 View Post
    LOL! The wait continues. Tease us with a "RIM" announcement, yet no mention of a date. I'm amazed at the lack of service to its consumer to allow such discussions on a topic that RIM could end by simply announcing a date for the release. I guess the reason for my venting comes from missing out on a great promotion to get the Empower email viewer for free, which I held out waiting for the update. Now this announcement leads me to believe the Documents To Go will be at a charge, where its my understanding that the new models already come with installed. Am I wrong with that last statement? Sorry for the long reply.
    Docs to go is going to be integrated with the free 4.5 upgrade.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Yep when I got the email from dataviz I thought "4.5 might just be close around the corner" Let's hope so...
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

I thought I had read rumors of Feb 28th????? Dont know where I read it...but I swear I did! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

technerd no está en línea Stack level 1

Cool.... but I'm still not clear on whether or not this'll be included (free) with the latest updates for server/phone...

One post says yes, it will be, another claims "Pricing has not yet been finalized but it is expected to be consistent with similar mobile solutions in the market today."

Which is it... really. I mean, it seems like it'd be worth ~$20/user, but it's something people have been needing for some time and RIM ought to either give it to people, or continue to let these 3rd party apps to simply exist on their own merits.

As I posted in another thread, this functionality has at least one of our users VERY excited... he's chomping at the bit to get this working on his Blackberry.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Pricing?

Anyone know the pricing for this? As soon as SP5 and 4.5 (for my 8320) comes out...I am buying this....Their basic WM and Palm office suite is $30...

danbra no está en línea Stack level 2
    For those who want to edit native documents now there's good news:
    DynoPlex has just released a new version of eOffice: [FONT=Arial]no conversion is needed, you may open your Microsoft docs on BB from SD and manage them right away. Trial is available at: http://dynoplex.com/downloads_v43.shtml[/FONT]
    Dynoplex Inc.
    Productivity for Blackberry

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Will DocumentsToGo for BlackBerry OS support the superior Open Document Format (.odf) files and the BlackBerry Unite family/small-business solution?

In my opinion, it's not worth a dime it if it doesn't support these two features...

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~