I've seen this mentioned before but no-one ever had a definitive answer. If you dismiss ... Server Admins forum

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Dismiss reminder sync

Advertisement

I've seen this mentioned before but no-one ever had a definitive answer.

If you dismiss an appointment on your device, say while your out of the office and not logged into your pc, when you come back into the office, and fire up outlook, should the dismiss you actioned have sync'd with Exchange and stop the reminder coming up when you open outlook?

I've tested this. If i dimiss the appoinment on the device, i still get the reminder on outlook. If i dismiss it on outlook while the device is off, then when i turn the device back on - no reminder.

Any thoughts/experience on what should happen here? I would have thought if it works one way, it should the other, but i'm not sure this functionality actually exists.

It's BES 4.1 by the way.
    Miles.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Dismiss reminder sync

The reminders reside on the computer and handheld. There is no way currently to sync them.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats what I thought. Which is why I was confused when it synced from outlook to the device eg I dismissed the reminder on outlook and never got reminded when I turned on my device.

Why's that then?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Interesting. Don't know. If mine is off, and a reminder is past due, it pops up for me when I turn mine back on.