Is there a guide here or elsewhere which describes best practices for Disaster Recovery and ... Server Admins forum

ira_l no está en línea Stack level 1

Disaster Recovery Server - Can't Import All Users

Advertisement

Is there a guide here or elsewhere which describes best practices for Disaster Recovery and BES?

I have everything set up properly but can't import all of the users into the Standby BES Server. I DO have the SQL and Blackberry Services on the Primary BES Server shut down when I attempt to do this, and the Standby BES Server is running just fine. Trouble is, I can only import 5 of the 15 users into the Standby Server. If I try to import any more than 5, I get a warning that says, "Unable to add the ... users. Your license does not allow any more users to be added."

Added to WHAT? How come the standby server can't serve the same 15 users that the Primary does?

So, can anyone recommend how to do this? I have successfully exported the 15 users to a text file from the running Primary Server and both servers are NEVER running at the same time since they share the same SRP ID and SRP Authentication Key.

Perhaps I should mention that I am referring to the free version of BES?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by ira_l; 01-07-2008 at 03:36 PM.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Disaster Recovery Server - Can't Import All Users

I don't have any experience with the free version but if it stops after five users and it is a different five users each time, then it sounds like the free version has a max limit of five.

You can check this pdf: Disaster Recovery for Blackberry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!