We are experiencing intermittent disappearance of the BlackBerry Browser (a.k.a. MDS Browser) from our BlackBerry ... Server Admins forum

perl80 no está en línea Stack level 1

Disappearing MDS browser on BES 4.1 with OS 4.x

Advertisement

We are experiencing intermittent disappearance of the BlackBerry Browser (a.k.a. MDS Browser) from our BlackBerry devices. So far, it has happened on a 7290 (OS 4.0) and on 8707v, 8700v and 8700g (all OS 4.1).

Neither resend of service books from the BES (4.1 with Lotus Domino 6.5), nor reset to default IT Policy from the BES, nor reset of the device itself has helped.

The only solution (hah!) is to wipe and reactivate the device. I've logged a call with Vodafone-DE and they are clueless. According to them RIM knows about the problem but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

Do any of you have experience with this and/or have any tips on what else I could try? Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Disappearing MDS browser on BES 4.1 with OS 4.x

We have problems where the mds needs to be reset, but never experienced a disappearance. Hopefully someone else has some input.

jayroc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D388CE

I have a BB 7105t and I have this problem too after upgrading to os 4.1p. What you need to do is go to your options screen and select advanced options then select h.r.t. Or host routing table, and register yourself with the bold one. Can't miss it. It should say something like T-MOBIL USA (31016030). I have T-Mo so yours may look different according to yourd service. For the most part it will be no different than when you first turned on and registered your blackberry. After doing this you can safely full and completely reset your blackberry. Hope this helps as I have learned so much about blackberry through these forums, and especially the one caled Hydn that I would be overwhelmed if I could give back anything at all.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 09-07-2006 at 08:49 PM.

PIN/ID
    23D388CE

You will need to repeat this process every time you reset but it only takes 2 seconds. I like to reset every day but its not needed

PIN/ID
    23D388CE

You will need to repeat this process every time you reset but it only takes 2 seconds. I like to reset every day but its not needed.

PIN/ID
    23D388CE

You will need to repeat this process every time you reset but it only takes 2 seconds. I like to reset every day but its not needed.

jdolcourt no está en línea Stack level 1

Mine's a Cingular. I went into the editor and saw *no* reset options whatsoever. Now I'm without a browser, and apparently without recourse for this lemon.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

Did anyone change the IT Policy to disallow MDS?
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au