Hi there, We have a BES/Exchange setup here in work enabling our corporate Blackberry users. ... Server Admins forum

seamus no está en línea Stack level 1

Different users calendar from a users email address (BES)

Advertisement

Hi there,

We have a BES/Exchange setup here in work enabling our corporate Blackberry users. A few of our employees have a separate calendar assigned to them (i.e. a personal assistant would maintain it, but the employee would be able to view it, the PA does not have access to the employee's email personal calendar) The reason for this is because a PA can be assigned to multiple people which means it would be tedious updating all the individual calendars when just one can be maintained.

We have set the employees up with their personal email a/c and of course their personal calendars are assigned with that - by default for exchange. Is there anyway we can assign a different calendar but keep the individual user's inbox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Btw, I'm new here, nice to talk to you all!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Different users calendar from a users email address (BES)

We have set the employees up with their personal email a/c and of course their personal calendars are assigned with that - by default for exchange. Is there anyway we can assign a different calendar but keep the individual user's inbox?
    Not that I know of. Will check this out.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Different users calendar from a users email address (BES)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

From what I understand, an Exchange user has its own mail/calendar/tasks/notes/contacts. And though shared items of the same can be added to what can be viewed and edited in the users Outlook, all the items which are not specifically the users will not be available on any client other than Outlook (ie: OWA, BlackBerry).

However, for your situation, it is possible to give restricted permission to the PA to access the calendar of the user. (Right-click on the calendar, click properties, then click on the permissions tab. Any user on the Exchange server can be added and given customised access.)

Another method, if you have the option enabled on your Exchange server, would be shared calendars, where the calendar which the PA updates is public and users subscribe to that calendar. (I researched this for my office, but our Exchange server has this method of sharing restricted, so I've never tested it.)