does the OS on my blackberry 7250 have to be at a certian level to ... Server Admins forum

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

device OS and bes

Advertisement

does the OS on my blackberry 7250 have to be at a certian level to interact with the 4.1 version of BES? we are upgrading our BES to 4.1 and i want to make sure. we are tired of the old server because it doesnt do ots sync with calendar and all the other goodies.

should we be looking for any problems in the migration or is there a guid to this on the net somewhere? ive does a fresh install of the small business version with exchange, but have not had the oppertunity to do a upgrade yet.

currently we have like 100 7250's running OS 4.0.0.204 and i know version 4.1 is out for the device. would i see a better expierence with the new OS or will i be fine using 4.0?

we also have a number of 7750's on OS 4.0.0.171 and i think its the latest they have for the device. will these work as well with the 4.1v of BES?

thanks for the input
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: device OS and bes

IIRC, 4.1 OS is available for the 7250's. You would be best to be running 4.1 if your upgrading your BES for the best interaction between the BES and Devices.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

It would be better to upgrade the OS to take full advantage of the BES 4.1 Features

Ju1c3 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    It would be better to upgrade the OS to take full advantage of the BES 4.1 Features

i completely agree and we will be doing this, i am just making sure it will work with it until i get them all upgraded. it takes like 45 minutes to do an upgrade and ill do them little by little
    INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE