Hi, Is any app or alerting type software that lets either myself (BES admin) or ... Server Admins forum

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask

Device Memory Issues

Advertisement

Hi,

Is any app or alerting type software that lets either myself (BES admin) or the BB user that the on board memory is running low?

I ask because I've several users complain their emails, phone logs etc, were wiped.

Is there anything out there I wonder?

Thanks.

PS. Im on BES 4.0 with various 8700, 8300, 8310 and 8900 devices.

crsnowdy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31D5B244
    none that im aware of but "maxmem" is a free program that clears out alot of extra memory for blackberries. heard alotta good reviews on it, it may be worth checking into. also your users should be doin some routine maintenance on their handsets to keep them runnin properly. as far as the wiped messages and such, im sure you already know that is a default program in blackberries that is freeing up memory because it has gotten to low. i can send you some instructions on memory cleaning that your users can do on a regular basis with the handsets as is, if that would help.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    If you do maxmem, DO NOT delete ringtones or Themes

Just warning from experiance these will cause problems with users editing profiles or using certain themes.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    sure is. meterberry you can set it to alert you at whatever percent you want.here is my review on it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    Thanks guys,

I think I'll avoid the maxmem app as I won't trust all 100 BB uers to use it how I want. I can see them removing stuff they actually need, then I'll be getting calls to fix, good app for people who know what they're clicking though.

Meterberry looks like the one to go for, nice price too. Thing is, in these days of cut backs, I can't see the powers that be allowing me to spend anything yet.

Looks like I'll just send em all an email with how to free up some memory.

Thanks for you replies.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    NOTE: MeterBerry is currently compatible ONLY with the BlackBerry Storm. It will not work with other models.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>