Can you find out from the BES server logs when/how often a device is turned ... Server Admins forum

mak23 no está en línea Stack level 1

device connection and BES

Advertisement

Can you find out from the BES server logs when/how often a device is turned on/off
    Thanks

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    good question. I can't see how that would be possible though. It would be giving false positives when you were out of service range and are unable to communicate with towers/satellites. You can see the last time it was connected and syncronized and pretty much anything else it does though.
    I will be on the phone with a Tech later and will ask this very question.
    Last edited by saukrateaz; 03-13-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    "When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world."
    -George Washington Carver

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I would guess you might be able to get sync times from the logs, but as Saukrateaz says it would tell you when there were gaps in the syncs, but wouldn't know if that meant the BB was off, out of range or the radio was turned off. There's possible some 3rd party software that can send a message when the phone is turned on, but I don't know of any...

mak23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks a lot for the replay

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    After speaking with a tech they confirmed it can't "officially" be monitored. You can get a guess by using sync times but no actual on/off type monitoring. They said they didn't know of any 3rd party software as of current.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~