Hi I am new to the forum but used BBs for a while. I have ... Server Admins forum

sekmeh no está en línea Stack level 1

Desktop manager keeps over riding my BES Desktop[CMIME] settings

Advertisement

Hi I am new to the forum but used BBs for a while.

I have a 7250 on my company BES. I am running 4.1 X OS on it and have BB Desktop Manager 4.2 running on my PC.

I went through enterprise activation on BES and got my service books all set up right. When I check my service books my Desktop[CMIME] under User ID: there is a series of numbers and letters, about 8 characters and the DSID is populated too.

When I connect my BB and launch Desktop Manager it says “connecting to messaging systems” and whenever I disconnect after that I can no longer send BES emails from the bb. I can receive BES emails OK, but when I send I get a “transaction error – bad format” and a red X. If I check my Desktop[CMIME] service book the User ID: is replaced by “-1” and the DSID is blank. It seems for some reason my Desktop Manager settings overwrite my BES settings?

My only fix at this point is usually to request a new Enterprise Activation password and go through that process again.

When setting up my Desktop Manager I am pretty sure I selected the “this device uses BES” option.

I am sure there is something I am missing with my set up. Any help would be appreciated.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    sekmeh, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with BES problems like this one, but you might try to reinstall the Desktop manager and make sure to use the Enterprise option. Doubt that his is the problem but it might help. I'm sure someone with more BES knowledge will come along and be able to help you.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    See this support article:
    http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...45431&vernum=0

Also double check settings:
    On your device in "messages" > options > email reconciliation > for message services try setting that to desktop.

Then in options > advances options > message services >
    set Messaging (CMIME) to Desktop.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Did this happen before Desktop Manager 4.2?

If not, then I would go back to DM 4.1; 4.2 is not needed for any device running 4.1 OS.

It may even be an incompatibility with the BES and the DM.

sekmeh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the info and suggestions. I have changed my message option settings as well as

Then in options > advances options > message services >
    set Messaging (CMIME) to Desktop.

I need the bb for the weekend and do not have time to call support again should the Desktop service book get changed again, so I will connect it to my laptop and run Desktop Mngr next week and see how it goes.

yuryk no está en línea Stack level 1

Just change the profile name!

This happens because you have a miss-configured dektop! Basically, the easiest way to fix this issue is to go to the desktop, run redirector settings, go to the Advanced tab and change "Message Service Display Name" from Desktop to something else (MyDesktop). This will leave your BES service books alone!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    yuryk, Welcome to PinStack.

And thanks for the information.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

DaffyDGeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Desktop manager keeps over riding my BES Desktop[CMIME] settings

Thanks for the tip Yuryk!! I renamed it like you said but I had our BB admin resend the servicebooks since it already screwed up the first one. :-)

Now everything works like a charm!!!

ratty no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Desktop manager keeps over riding my BES Desktop[CMIME] settings

Sorry I'm having trouble finding that option in my desktop software... are you in desktop manager? or in redirector????
    thanks!