I'm having this a MAJOR problem with my BES Express server. I did the patching ... Server Admins forum

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Desktop email program unable to submit message.

Advertisement

I'm having this a MAJOR problem with my BES Express server. I did the patching on the Exchange server last night and my Send As permissions for my account keep getting removed every hour. Store version is 6.5.7651.61 and We're running on Exchange SP2. I'm a domain admin. I thought we had it fixed this morning before I left when I stopped the Router Service for 20 minutes and then restarted it. Then I woke up and tried to send an e-mail to my boss about the progress of last night's patching and I get the message "Desktop Email program unable to submit message." error.
    I logged into my AD server and see that my Send As permissions have been removed from my account again. All the permissions are correct on the Information Store and nothings changed on the BES server other then updating the CDO.dll file and registering that last night.

I'm lost right now and need to get this fixed today. My CEO picked up a Blackberry this morning and said that he wants me to put it on the BES server tomorrow before he leaves out of town.

Users cannot send e-mail messages from a mobile device or from a shared mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003 just confused the heck out of me and now I'm not sure which way to go. PLEASE HELP!!! KB 912918 has me all messed up. I've been working on this issue for almost 18hr's straight.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Re: Desktop email program unable to submit message.

Being a domain admin is not actually necessary for the Besadmin account. Check here for RIM's tool to assign the necessary permissions to each user account for the account that the BES will be using

RIM SetSendAsPermission Tool

I've found the best way to test this is to take a PC and set the mapi profile to your BES account and try to send mail "From" any user. If it works you're good. If not gotta recheck permissions. The key is to give it the permissions RIM says it needs and not "Everything you can think of"

Good luck!!
    PIN: 303150C7

tedmundson no está en línea Stack level 1

Issue is probally that you are a doamin admin remove yourself from the domain admin group, reapply permissions and start and stop the router server and that should correct the problem. We had this problem last weekend, our work around was to create seperate doman admin accounts for our users for admin tasks.

Todd

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

The besadmin account has domain user permissions only. I had to remove domain admin from my account though and will spend the day tomorrow changing permissions on the file server for myself and the other admin's.

rcarlton no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Desktop email program unable to submit message.

Newbie here, just finished dealing with this same issue and wanted to post what I found.

There are two knowledgebase articles at www-blackberry-com/btcs that can help with this. (dashes inserted because as a noob, I can't post an URL)

KB04422 & KB04707

For me, the problem was created when we patched the Exchange server a few weeks back.
    That patch stripped the BESAdmin account from the Security tab of my BB users.
    Adding it back and granting it Send as... then restarting the Exchange Information Store and BB services did the trick.

I'm posting this because like a lot of you - I was looking for an answer.

In my case it took hours on the phone wwith Cingular and RIM before we identified the problem.

gatekpr no está en línea Stack level 1

That worked for me too! It was weird--3 of the 4 people had working blackberries, only one didn't. Checked their profile in AD and sure enough, no SendAs granted to besadmin!

Thank you for posting that suggestion, I was going mad!

... I'm having a problem with one that won't accept the IT Policy, I'm certain I'll find the fix here!

thanks!

Jesse G.
    Houston, TX

scahill no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same problem w/ a client and added the BESAdmin "Send As" and it worked... for an afternoon, then failed again. When I checked the user's profile, I found that the BESAdmin "Send As" had been removed.

One of my engineers discovered that it was due to an 'elevated' group membership (Adminstrator) that AD stripped the BESAdmin as a form of protecting the account.

We made a different account for that admin purpose and removed the elevated group membership from the user's profile... working fine now.