I noticed there is nothing in my deleted items folder even though I haven't cleared ... Server Admins forum

iamcharlie no está en línea Stack level 1

Deleted items

Advertisement

I noticed there is nothing in my deleted items folder even though I haven't cleared it. Is that a setting I need to change to at least have items go into that folder? And is there a way to retreive items once deleted? Thanks.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Deleted items

Are you deleting on the handheld and then not finding it when you are on your desktop?
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

I'm deleting on the handheld and then there is nothing in my deleted items folder.

mdspriggs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Are you deleting on the bb and then looking for the deleted items on the bb too? If not then it might be that the sync with BES isn't working properly. Also, I believe, once items are deleted they are gone for good, at least with my BIS they are. Unless of course I am missing something

ds138 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ECFD9A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where is the deleted items folder?

I am looking for them in the deleted items folder on the bb. Do messages never go to that folder? Is there a way for me to be able to have deleted items go into that folder? (FYI, the deleted items folder is found if you 'search folder' from the messages menu)

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Nope. Mail deleted on the BB is permanently deleted. You could view the contents of your Deleted Items folder if you had set up redirection for that folder.

Could you help me with how I set up redirection for that folder? And redirection to where? Thanks.

mdspriggs no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Sorry, I can't help there...I think that is more involved than I can help with in the BES environment. Though I imagine it would have something to do with the settings in Outlook.

eclypse no está en línea Stack level 1

When you select "delete on handheld and mailbox" the email goes to the deleted items folder in Outlook. However, there is nothing in the deleted items folder on BB.
    When you try to setup redirection, the deleted items folder is grayed out and will not let you select it.
    BES 4.1.2 Exchange 2003
    Any thoughts?

Che
    Che no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Eclypse,
    Had the same question myself and think I found the reason if not a fix unfortunately. Clients asked that question in our environment and after scouring google and checking all the IT Policy/user group configurations on our BES 4.1.4 environment finally found the below page on RIM's site. Apparently deleted items is disabled by design on the devices for space reasons.

Unable to view email messages in the Deleted Items folder on the BlackBerry device

Doc ID : KB11829
    Last Modified : 2007-06-08
    Document Type : What Is

Environment
    • BlackBerry® Enterprise Server 4.0
    • BlackBerry® Device Software 4.0 and later
    • BlackBerry devices

Details

When you are in View Folder > Deleted Items, an indication of No Messages is displayed.
    This is by design. The BlackBerry device does not reconcile the Deleted Items folder because of space considerations.