Hello, I'm a little new to the world of BlackBerry, and I'm rolling out new ... Server Admins forum

Sumaes3333 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question How to define default BlackBerry settings via BlackBerry Manager 4.1

Advertisement

Hello,

I'm a little new to the world of BlackBerry, and I'm rolling out new BlackBerry.

We have BlackBerry Manager 4.1.4.15 on a Windows 2003 Server and I'm wondering if there's a way on the server to define default setting on each BlackBerry 8800 like the font, the theme, some General E-mail options, like Hide filed messages.., Hide Sent Messages, throuth the server or a script, well anything but to have to configure manually each BlackBerry 8800 device.

Thanks a lot!

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Sumaes3333

First off are you talking about BES on a W2k3 server? IF you are then you can turn on and off things for blackberry devices by creating a IT Policy on the BES which you setup and add the users that are on the BES to that IT Policy.

Sumaes3333 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Fritter,

Yes, we have a BES on a W2K3 server. I know we can setup IT policy and Groups, (I have already modified some others settings through the IT policy like setting a password) but, as far as I went through the IT policy setting, I couldn't find a way to setup settings like:

Theme
    Hide Filed messages
    Hide Sent Messages
    Convenience Key Opens

I have to deploy about 40 BlackBerry, and I modify these settings manually on each BB and I was wondering if there's a way to modify these options through the BES server?

diijro no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey,

Did you ever find an answer to this? I am very interested in this as well.

Thanks.