Here's a weird issue. Our agency uses a few different models of phones -- 8100 ... Server Admins forum

orcberg no está en línea Stack level 2

Default start page on MDS browser for 7103e on BES

Advertisement

Here's a weird issue. Our agency uses a few different models of phones -- 8100 under AT&T, 7103e 8703e and 8830 under Verizon.

We will be setting up a system where the MDS browser automatically starts on a page on our internal website, and it wasn't a problem to set up on the 8100. The 7103e has proven to be a problem though.

On the 8100, if I go to the MDS browser's options, under Start Page I have the options: "Bookmarks Page", "Home Page", "Last Page Loaded". This works perfect because through the BES IT policy we set a read-only home page to use.

On the 7103e, however, I don't see those options. Under the MDS browser on the 7103e, if I go down to Start Page it won't let me change the value from "Bookmarks Page". If I try to bring up the menu, I don't see "change option" -- only "Restore Defaults", "Save Options", and "Close". Here's the weird thing though: on the 7103e, if I go to the Internet Browser, it has the option there! That's the problem though, because the page the device needs to load is on our intranet it can't be accessed through the Internet Browser.

Any ideas?

EDIT --

8100 is running 4.2.0.71
    7103e is running 4.1.0.117
    Last edited by orcberg; 07-17-2007 at 03:34 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Default start page on MDS browser for 7103e on BES

PM sent

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Default start page on MDS browser for 7103e on BES

Perform the following:
    1. Upgrade the BlackBerry MDS Services to 4.1 Service Pack 3 (4.1.3).