Just have a quick question. My BB is set up on my companies BES. I ... Server Admins forum

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Default email while on BES

Advertisement

Just have a quick question. My BB is set up on my companies BES. I also have two email address going through the web client. Does my default email have to be my work email on the BES or can I set it for one of my emails through the web client?

murashid.rahman no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Default email while on BES

Hi,
    I odnt think you can have 2 emails setup on your blackberry because
    1.the Company who has provided you the handheld might not have enabled the permissions i mean the ITpolicy restrictions . .

2.As much as i my knowledge goes you cant have 2 email accounts configured on one handheld . .

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Default email while on BES

Quote Originally Posted by murashid.rahman View Post
    Hi,
    I odnt think you can have 2 emails setup on your blackberry because
    1.the Company who has provided you the handheld might not have enabled the permissions i mean the ITpolicy restrictions . .

2.As much as i my knowledge goes you cant have 2 email accounts configured on one handheld . .
    Sure you can have more than one email address going to a BB. You can have a BES connection, and other mail connections using your BIS account. Now, an IT Policy can prevent this, but it is easily possible. I don't have another mailbox attached to my BB right now, but I thought there was a menu to choose what mail account was default. But I can't duplicate right now.

murashid.rahman no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Default email while on BES

Hi as per my knowledge goes for the BIS account you got subscribe the service with RIM and they will give you a BIS account in whcih you can have N number of your email address configured and all of them will be deliverd to your blackberry which has got an BIS account

joeya7 no está en línea Stack level 2

You can have up to 10 email address on ones BB. My question is if one of then is on a BES and the others on BIS does the BES account have to be the default one?

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by joeya7 View Post
    You can have up to 10 email address on ones BB. My question is if one of then is on a BES and the others on BIS does the BES account have to be the default one?
    no.
    options>advanced options>message sevices> then choose your email. one will be desktop (your BES) and others will be your BIS accounts.