Hello fellow BES Admins... Are any of you using the DBNS in conjunction with a ... Server Admins forum

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1

Database Notification System (dbns)

Advertisement

Hello fellow BES Admins...

Are any of you using the DBNS in conjunction with a MS SQL Server that is not installed on the BES? i.e. BES & SQL are 2 distinct servers.

Any guidelines that you followed to make you decide to use it? DB latency, specific errors? Any issues while using it?

I've seen the steps (RIM KB11716) to install this, I just don't know if I need to install it. Apparently RIM doesn't even use it, according to How RIM has implemented BES internally

Trevor

ecnavt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32caaed1
    Wow... I'm a little surprised that there was no comments here. So let me share my experience thus far.

We're using the Role Adminstration features so that our helpdesk agents can run the activations. They are located in Europe while our BES & SQL Server are located in the midwest. I'm also not geographically near the servers, being on the west coast. I had noticed that the BB Manager software was sluggish, at best in responding to the db. Well, after a lengthy conversation with RIM Support, they casually mentioned that the dbns would be a benefit in this scenario.

I installed it last night - ridiculously easy. I've noticed an improvement in the BB Manager load time & response times.