The top executives in the company I work for are all receiving the new Curve. ... Server Admins forum

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Question Curve - Enterprise Activation on 4.0 BES

Advertisement

The top executives in the company I work for are all receiving the new Curve. Some genius decided this didn't need to be tested and we should just get it to them so of course now I'm running into problems. Whenever I try to perform an Enterprise Activation over the air I receive the error message, "An error occurred, please contact your System Administrator." Almost like the password or email address is inserted wrong and believe me it is not. It's almost like the device doesn't see an activation password waiting for it.

Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciatted. Thanks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Curve - Enterprise Activation on 4.0 BES

Have you set an activation password for the user on BES?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

yo_fishy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DFE2F1

Yes.

maximinus058 no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    240bc45e

Ok, several things your going to need to look at....

Taking into consideration that they have had a BES account and have had a BB....

1. Delete and recreate user account on BES, purge statistics.
    2. try activation, if failes see #3.

3. Confim with Carrier that their account is provisioned for BES and not BIS(blackbery internet service). this can also be confirmed on the handheld itself in service books. (options/advanced options/service book/ provisioning/ UID besprv-na (NA stands for local, ie north america).

4. if account is provisioned for bes and all else fails you'll need DBclean.

DBclean cleans bb statistics and setting in the users mailbox itself. It needs to be run on the users pc, Logged in as besadmin and there account created in the mail client. The user NEEDS to be deleted from the BES (most importantly, can corrupt mailstore and bes).
    close mailclient and run from cmd dbclean. regardless of what i said you will need to read the read me (i mean what else is it for), it gives specific instructions and warnings that must be followed. I HOLD NO RESPONSIBLITY IF YOU **** YOU'RE MAILSERVER... if i havent mentioned already, READ THE READ ME...

Dbclean can not be found on the internet, it is a BB tool, usually, bb tech support will send it to you but if they dont, PM me and i'll foward.

Hope this helps.

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

Post Re: Curve - Enterprise Activation on 4.0 BES

Maximinu058 covered alot of good troubleshooting tips. I would also suggest calling your carrier and making sure they have the correct "effectivity date" for your Blackberry Unlimited Data Plan. I got burned a couple of times because the carrier entered a different date to activate the plan. Therefore, I couldn't get service books or start the enterprise activation until this was done.

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

You need BES Service Pack 6 or higher to activate an 8800/8300 on your server.

Cause

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server does not recognize the BlackBerry 8800/8300 smartphone.

Resolution

BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1
    Install BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1 Service Pack 2 or later.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 and earlier
    Install BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0 Service Pack 6 or later
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

MacFly69 no está en línea Stack level 2

i think i may have run into this issue.

i'm trying to use an unlocked Curve on TMO. but when i try to activate BES, it just stays at the "activating xxxxx@xxxx.com..."

my question is, how extent would it be for our BEST admin to upgrade their software version? we talking about having to shut the server down or is it a quick upgrade that can be done easily? i'm lovin' this Curve, but its worthless to me if i can't get my BES email on it.

thanks in advance!

archaic0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240136D8

I have the same issue with a curve not activating and I'm downloading service pack 4 and maint update right now.

My question is though, how can I tell what service pack I'm on now? The only thing I can find in the manager is a version number (4.1.4.12) and I can't find a reference that says what my version will be after each service pack update.

Can anyone tell me what the version should be after service pack 2? service pack 4?

Maybe I'm already on service pack 2 and there is another reason for the curve not activating. I'm trying to confirm this.

(FYI, in my case, the RIM transaction email doesn't seem to make it to the user's mailbox. In every other BB, pearls mostly, the instant I click activate I can see the RIM message appear in their box, then it dissapears quickly of course, but I see it hit. In this user's case, I do not see it hit. Could be a fluke though, might not mean anything.)
    Last edited by archaic0; 10-17-2007 at 03:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    240136D8

OK, we were migrating from a stand alone machine to a virtual machine on a virtual server anyway, so I took this evening and went ahead and moved that up.

I have done a clean install of Windows Server 2003 Standard, Exchange 2003 Standard, and BES 4.1 (service pack 4 maint rollup 2) I am now at BES version 4.1.4.15 and still cannot get a curve to activate.

In my service books I have listed first:
    PROVISIONING
    UID: BESPRV-NA
    CID: PROVISIONING

That is what was stated as being needed, right?

I'm out of ideas for tonight. Is there a way for me to know whether our cell provider messed up the data plan? Maybe I can get them to set that up again or something. As far as I can tell, the only thing left is the cell provider in this chain. I've got all new and AS NEW as can be software, I've wiped the handheld before each activation attempt, and still nothing.

Meanwhile, the Pearls and older BBs are activating left and right like a champ.

Thanks for any input. It's much appreciated!

PIN/ID
    312C4157

I think it may be a provissioning issue on your Curve. We had a 4.0.5.6 server and were activating pearls and curves no problem. And you say pearls and older BB's work fine. I'd have them check it out.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Twice I have had 7520 BBs just not activate. We tried everything, stumped reps, rim, everyone. Device wipe after OS reload x2, the phones would just not activate. Pop that sim into another BB, activated right away. Not saying this is what's happening to you, but I've seen 2 new 7520's just refuse to do it.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

I am now at BES version 4.1.4.15 and still cannot get a curve to activate.
    Are there BB's other then the curve on that BES?
    My version is older then yours and im having np with the Curve.

PIN/ID
    240136D8

Update, I'm working now. It was a provisioning thing.

Our carrier has 2 Blackberry data plans, both unlimited but there is a 15 dollar difference betweeen the two. The $50 one has BES support, the cheaper one does not.

HOWEVER.

My pearl has the correct data plan, but 2 of our older BB devices were on the wrong data plan along with the curve, but they activated fine with BES. (this is why we thought the provisioning was fine)

So there must be something about the older models that allowed them to bypass the BES specific permission in my carrier's plans. (we're not telling them, why pay $30 more if we don't have to).

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

weird your saying you were able to activate BES with BIS mobile plan?

PIN/ID
    240136D8

We use AT&T (formerly Cingular) for our cell service and they have two plans they call 'blackberry unlimited'. One is 29.95 and one is 49.95, so a $20 difference per month.

The only difference as it was explained to me is that the 29.95 plan does not allow BES, however 2 of our older BB devices are on this plan and always have been, yet they activated fine. The new curve however needed to be upgraded to the new plan in order to activate.