Hi guys, I've got a request from the PA to the CEO of a large ... Server Admins forum

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

Control of message display on handheld

Advertisement

Hi guys, I've got a request from the PA to the CEO of a large company to help restrict the amount of messages displayed on his bb without limiting his access to all his messages. He gets a ton of mail each day so what we've done with his mail file (which is Lotus Notes with BES running on a Domino server) is redirect all incoming messages to another folder in his mail file so that only mail from specific senders display in his Inbox. His PA monitors the redirected folder and either actions or advises him of anything he needs to be aware of, or moves specific messages into his Inbox for him to deal with. This works great with his mail file, but doesn't translate to his bb unless he opens his "Inbox" folder on the bb - but of course, each time he goes out of his mail he then has to go through the process of reselecting his Inbox folder when he goes back into his messages. We're trying to make this process as simple as possible for him so we would prefer not having to get him to select his Inbox every time he checks his messages.

One thing that would be a big help is if he could just open to his Inbox folder by default, but I'm not aware that there is a way of doing this (and if it's a function of 4.1, then that hasn't been released in NZ yet). Any suggestions on a workaround for this?

Thanks.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Control of message display on handheld

ok I don't know if this will work, but can't you change the convience button to open messages so that he only hits that button... but I am sure someone else on here will have a better answer than I do... LOL

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

Re: Control of message display on handheld

Well ya lern sumthin every day! Thanks for that Stacey, the new versions of the 8700s have only just been released in NZ in the last month so I haven't had a chance to play with them yet (and so far only senior IT people have been issued with them in the companies I support) so I didn't even realise there was a convenience button. I'll check to see if the handhelds we have available have the button. Thanks again.