I am running a BES and some of the VPs think we need to enable ... Server Admins forum

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro

Content Protection on a BES why?

I am running a BES and some of the VPs think we need to enable content protection. I'm trying to build a case against it because I know being on the BES our devices are secure. I force a password with a certain length and give five attempts to unlock it. After that the device wipes. We also use MDS and tunnel all traffic through it. I can argue that content protection will slow the devices down and cause more problems with impatient users. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks.
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

freakinvibe no está en línea Stack level 1
    We normally recommend content protection as it helps protecting stolen devices. You can compare that to harddisk encryption. If a device gets stolen and someone connects your memory to a different device all your e-mails, calendar data and documents can be read.

So, it depends a bit on which industry you are working in, I would definitely recommend content protection for banks and insurances. In general, when confidatial data is stored on the BB, content protection is the way to protect it.

I don't really see slowdown in performance (we are using Bolds). Only shortly after activation, you get a message for about 3 minutes saying that content protection is being enabled, but that's a one off.