Background: We have an MS SBS running Exchange 2003 sp2 and a dedicated machine for ... Server Admins forum

cleethree no está en línea Stack level 1

Contact Syncing Issues..

Advertisement

Background:
    We have an MS SBS running Exchange 2003 sp2 and a dedicated machine for BES running MS server standard 2003 sp1.

We have a user who loaded 17k+ contacts onto outlook due to his treo duplicating them. The duplicates were removed and we were left with 6000+ contacts. His outlook contacts are accurate but his BB (8700 verizon) does not. His handheld is missing some of the contacts that outlook has.

Wireless sync is enabled.

Issue:
    The user's outlook contacts are not being reflected on his device.

Steps Taken:
    Deleted service book ALP and resent in the BB Manager. - no help

Next Steps:
    Desktop sync?
    Delete account on the BES and reactivate?

Before I go forward on these steps I was curious if someone on this board have had similar issues and have some tips on fixing this issue.

Also is there a max number of contacts the BB can lookup?
    Last edited by cleethree; 03-16-2007 at 11:57 AM.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Re: Contact Syncing Issues..

Total # of contacts is limited only by memory. Is there a chance they aren't in the Outlook "Contacts" folder (or subfolder)? OR that a different folder has been selected for synchronization?
    PIN: 303150C7

cleethree no está en línea Stack level 1

the correct folder is chosen. When the user goes to address book then option the total number of entries reflects what outlook counts but yet when some contact names are typed in the BB cant find them!

A desktop sync has been performed, would the device warn the user that not all contacts were loaded due to memory?

leob no está en línea BES Pro

one method would be to plug into a PC that has Desktop Manager. then turn off wireless synch. In Desktop Manager do just an import. Once all the contacts are imported to the device turn wireless sync back on.

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E

After you do what loeb says, if might pop up the an enterprise activation screen but there shouldn't be problems. Also make sure the BES has the correct access to the address book. I come from a Lotus Notes system so I'm not completely sure of the resolution