Hello again! I have a question reguarding another one of my Clients' BES servers. They ... Server Admins forum

soulrex no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Consolidation question: Moving users from one BES to another.

Advertisement

Hello again! I have a question reguarding another one of my Clients' BES servers. They have a Corporate BES (4.1.3) with 800+ users, and a smaller BES (4.1.3) offsite in a hospital with 20+ users. The smaller server is a desktop machine(!). I inherited this setup when I took over the account. My question is this: How can I consolodate those 20 some odd people into the corporate server? The corp server is running a SQL2000 instance, and the smaller server is an MSDE instance. They are in the same domain, talking to the same Exchange servers.

Do I use the MMC snap-in to export the server data, and import it into the corporate BES?

TIA!!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Consolidation question: Moving users from one BES to another.

any luck?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

None yet. Still trying to find a solution for this, and not having much luck.

I would rather not have to remove everyone, wipe the devices, and EA them against the new server. but, if I must, then I must.

The doctors at the hospital just want things to work without their interaction.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

There is 1 definite solution.
    Add all 20 users from the remote site to the main system. The reactivate them on that BES. This would be the easiest if you can get access to there BB's for the change. This can also be done over a few days at there leisure and yours. The would eliminate any problems and allow you to take the remote system off line when you finish. That is what I would do. The easies in my book. Alittle more work but, it is also the cleanest way to do it also.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 10-08-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Will that solution work if both machines are in the same domain, making connections to the same mailbox stores? I would think that if you created them on the other bes, that they would complain about seeing the BlackberryHandhheld stub folders already in the mailboxes.