We have just had a complete BES failure AND backup failure (fun! fun!). Currently I ... Server Admins forum

MinnMonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Complete BES Failure...rebuilding question

Advertisement

We have just had a complete BES failure AND backup failure (fun! fun!).

Currently I am rebuilding the BES server and will be recreating users shortly (I only have 20 so it isn't that huge of an undertaking).

My question is, once I re-setup of the users, and have them do an Enterprise Activation, is the BES (v4.1.6)smart enough to not create duplicate enteries (ie mail, contact and calendar items) on the handhelds? Or should I have the users wipe thier handhelds prior to doing an Enterprise Activation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by MinnMonkey; 10-15-2008 at 01:35 PM.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    When you reactivate them it will not have duplicate data. The only thing is that you will loose any old emails on there devices that they had. The other thing is any policies that you had set up will have to be redone if you have any custom ones. since you are doing this can you virtualize it? I would recommed it, great DR features.

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    We have an old version and then we purchased another company. We setup a new server running 4.1.5 and did a knife edge cutover. Once the services started on the new server and added all the users they automatically started populating and receiving emails. I didn't have reactivate them. Any new people I had to ran the activation. The people from the other company had to wipe their phones since their email address and exchange server changed. You may be safe and not have to wipe it.

MinnMonkey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well, the restore was pretty painless. The end-users didn't even need to do an Enterprise Activation. I just re-added them in BES and everything took off where it left off!

Thanks for the help!