welcome all, i'm a new member and hopefully one of you could help me. i'm ... Server Admins forum

hassing no está en línea Stack level 1

combinate exchange 5.5 and 2003 on bes 4.

Advertisement

welcome all, i'm a new member and hopefully one of you could help me.

i'm running a bes version 4.0 sp6 server connected to exchange 5.5 email server. Two 5.5 server to be more specific.
    Everything works perfect ..

I deleted my account on the bes server
    we started up a exchange 2003 server, I migrated my mailbox to the new server.
    I created again my account on the bes manager. It sees that my email server is changed. Perfect, but the enterprise activation will not work.
    It tries and tries but without any results.

My handheld is wiped before, also doesnt solved my problem.

Please help me!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: combinate exchange 5.5 and 2003 on bes 4.

Hi hassing, welcome to pinstack. I wanted to help you but Im not a BES expert. Have you checked the BES Forum... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...osted_bes.html?
    Browse through there until someone can directly help you.

Do you need help with anything else, ringers, themes, games...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

What device is it? Also the OS and platform version. thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

hassing, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

wizkid1981 no está en línea BES Guru

First of all, since you move from an Exchange 5.5 environment to a 2003 environment did you install Exchange System Manager on the BES?

Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 use a completely different set of Exchange Permissions. Also, make sure you have set your service account permissions for the new Exchange Server

Group Level- Exchange View Only
    Server Level - Administer Information Store
    Send As
    Receive As

Since you are now using Exchange 2003 in your environment you wanna make sure you have the Microsoft Send As permission applied to the service account at your domain level as well (follow the below documentation for all service account permissions)

RIM KB-02276
    http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...?nodeid=222729

Also, did you upgrade your BES Exchange environment to match that of your new Exchange 2003 Server? (to verify this do a search for mapi32.dll on both servers, the version in the directory exchsvr/binn should be the same on both servers) (having an older version of mapi32.dll on your bes as opposed to exchange creates an unstable MAPI subsystem and several potential issues)

After you did the mailbox move from 1 Exchange to the other be sure you give the Blackberry Enterprise Server a reboot.

After reboot run the handheldcleanup utility with the -m switch (review following documentatiopn regarding mailbox moves)

KB-00142
    http://blackberry.com/knowledgecente...l?nodeid=26137

If you follow all of the above then there is really no other reason for it not to work. Let me know how it goes.

hassing no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by wizkid1981
    First of all, since you move from an Exchange 5.5 environment to a 2003 environment did you install Exchange System Manager on the BES?

Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 use a completely different set of Exchange Permissions. Also, make sure you have set your service account permissions for the new Exchange Server

Group Level- Exchange View Only
    Server Level - Administer Information Store
    Send As
    Receive As

Since you are now using Exchange 2003 in your environment you wanna make sure you have the Microsoft Send As permission applied to the service account at your domain level as well (follow the below documentation for all service account permissions)

RIM KB-02276

Also, did you upgrade your BES Exchange environment to match that of your new Exchange 2003 Server? (to verify this do a search for mapi32.dll on both servers, the version in the directory exchsvr/binn should be the same on both servers) (having an older version of mapi32.dll on your bes as opposed to exchange creates an unstable MAPI subsystem and several potential issues)

After you did the mailbox move from 1 Exchange to the other be sure you give the Blackberry Enterprise Server a reboot.

After reboot run the handheldcleanup utility with the -m switch (review following documentatiopn regarding mailbox moves)

KB-00142

If you follow all of the above then there is really no other reason for it not to work. Let me know how it goes.
    thanks for your reply ..

we are working with blackberry ent version 4.0.5.6
    on this server is Exchange System manager with sp2 installed
    I will take a look at the permissions once again, I thought I give besdamin all rights I could give.

i did not upgrade the bes exchange environment, I only installed the exchange system manager on my w2000 server.
    What should I do then?
    It is still the same server, I only want to connect a exchange 2003 mailbox, nothing more.
    mapi32.dll versions of both exchange servers? They I different, the one from 5.5 is 5.52653.12 (system32) and the one from 2003 is 6.5.7638.1 (exchsrvr/bin).

reboots are given
    handheldcleanup is done but with switch -u i thought.

I go further with the permissions,
    thanks anyway!

For more details, we working with rim devices, 7100v/7230 and the 7290.