Hi I am currently running BES 4.0 and I am running out of space. I ... Server Admins forum

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

Clean UP

Advertisement

Hi I am currently running BES 4.0 and I am running out of space. I guess one I am wondering if I was to purchase a bigger hard drive and restore from our archive device to it, would it be a smooth transistion?

Second are there any cleanup tools out there for the BES server?
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

prudent89 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Clean UP

I ran into the same problem. All I had to do is delete 6 months worth of logs and then change the settings in the BES configuration to only save the last 2 weeks worth of logs. No more space problems.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

Yeah I just deleted about one year of logs and it freed up about 4GB of space. I am not sure legally how long I need to keep the log files. Where is the setting to set the log time limit?
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

prudent89 no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't think you have to save most of the logs for SOX compliance just anything that has text messages such as the SMS logs. We don't log those so it's of no concern.
    The settings are in "Blackberry Server Configuration" in the server's programs. Under each of the Service Names on the Logging tab, there is an entry "Debug log maximum daily file age". That's where you can set a limit - i have it at 14 (days). That seems to work well for us and I never really have to go that far back when troubleshooting.