I have an unlocked 8800 that I'm trying to activate on China Mobile with themessagecenter ... Server Admins forum

AmoTHS no está en línea Stack level 1

China Mobile and themessagecenter activation

Advertisement

I have an unlocked 8800 that I'm trying to activate on China Mobile with themessagecenter and the activation is timing out after 10 minutes with no progress. I wiped the device and I have activated and deactivated the blackberry access from themessagecenter control panel and checked the password a few times. I get a message saying that my handheld has been registered on the network and I can access the web through the browser but the activation keeps timing out. I do not get a message in my inbox saying that activation is in progress.

China Mobile only offers BES connections so I don't think there is risk of confusion between BES/BIS. China Mobile asked for the domain name for the email account and I gave them "mycompany.com" which is the domain that themessagecenter is hosting. Is it normal for the service provider to ask for the domain name when setting up a BES account? I've only used BIS accounts before so this is a new experience. Any help on how to activate my BB?

Thanks.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: China Mobile and themessagecenter activation

If you can set up Outlook to connect to your mail service, do so, then install Desktop Manager selecting the Enterprise setup with Corporate BES (NOT the redirector). Now fire up Outlook (Connected), and then Desktop Manager. When it starts, it may ask which Outlook profile to use - select the appropriate one.

Wipe your BlackBerry (one more time), and if a setup wizard kicks in, go through it, but skip any mail setup.

Now, plug in your BlackBerry. If Desktop Manager doesn't see it, from the Desktop Manager menu select Options --> Connections, and hit the Detect button.

Once your BlackBerry connects, Desktop Manager may ask if you want to use that device for the current setup - say yes. Just leave the device alone, and the Enterprise Activation should kick in automatically.

One note - this will NOT work over a wireless (802.11?) connection - you must have a WIRED connection to the network.

Give that a try and let us know if it works.
    JerryD

AmoTHS no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: China Mobile and themessagecenter activation

Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly.