I am new to the BES our admin on the way out (quiting) gave me ... Server Admins forum

bbabuser no está en línea Stack level 1

CEO contacts not updateing

Advertisement

I am new to the BES our admin on the way out (quiting) gave me a 5 min tutorial. Well our CEO just updated his contacts and it is not updateing on his Blackberry 8800. By the way he said it has been like this for a month. Is there anything I can do from the Server or his bb to update his contacts. ASAP!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: CEO contacts not updateing

check the device and make sure its set for wireless sync.. sometimes its not set. If there is no option for that then do a service book push.. as a last resort run the enterprise activation..

Hope that helps.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

Davedwin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FA01EA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If he still syncs manually (usb cable) delete his seetings and start fresh. Usually works for me.

C:\docs and settings\profile\application data\research in motion\

Delete the BB folder in there then plug in and sync. It will refresh the sync settings.

Davedwin

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat
    check the device and make sure its set for wireless sync.. sometimes its not set. If there is no option for that then do a service book push.. as a last resort run the enterprise activation..

Hope that helps.
    I agree with this, also make sure the user is set to wireless update in BES. Also, the update won't happen instantly it takes a few minutes.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Quote Originally Posted by bbabuser
    I am new to the BES our admin on the way out (quiting) gave me a 5 min tutorial. Well our CEO just updated his contacts and it is not updateing on his Blackberry 8800. By the way he said it has been like this for a month. Is there anything I can do from the Server or his bb to update his contacts. ASAP!
    Hi bbabuser--

A couple things.

1.) What version of BES are you on?

2.) Check out the client's folder structure and be sure he hasn't moved his contacts into a PST or other folder invisible to the BES. I've had this happen many, many times where users start making origami of their folder tree's, and next thing you know they're handing me their BlackBerry because every fifth message arriving on every other Tuesday in the odd months is missing. And messing with the contacts folder can really cause a nightmare.

3.) If that doesn't work, I'd just kill the device and start from scratch... it's usually much easier and MUCH quicker that way. Unless they've got lots of personalizations they usually don't even notice.

My money's on a client-side issue, however. Try adding a contact in on the device and seeing if it shows up on the Outlook client. Watch the users stats in the panel as you do it even to see if it's trafficking.

Let me know if that worked, I'm interested to hear the outcome!

haniff no está en línea Stack level 1

BES Admins & Hosted BES Enterprise server administration and Hosted BES.

Kinna hard to answer you due to very little info...anyway, this probably help:
    1. Check the wireless sync on the bb device, is it set to ON
    2. Check the mail client on the user side, its probably set to local folder rather than the default folder for the mail client.

haniff no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: CEO contacts not updateing

Any good news?

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Start at the begining.... Battery pull on device, then follow the advice given

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

first thing to always check is for blank contacts. Make sure you delete any blank contact entries you find as they prevent the BlackBerry from syncing. Also ensure that wireless sync is turned on in contacts on the device.
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

this happened to me a few times. I do the following:

1) Start over by Wiping the device
    2) Provision the Blackberry (if you are using a Sprint Device); if not don't worry about this step
    3) Push the Service Books to your device
    4) conduct "test pin" excercise
    5) try to get on the internet using your device
    6) do the enterprise activation
    7) make sure the "wireless synch" option is set to YES on your device; then SAVE this settings
    8) Go to MESSAGES, OPTIONS, then E-Mail Settings. Make sure the "SEND E-MAIL TO HANDHELD" setting is set to YES.
    9) Go to MESSAGES, OPTIONS, then E-Mail Reconciliation. Make sure the Wireless Recon is set to ON. Also make sure the ON CONFLICTS is set to MAILBOX WINS.

After you do all of this, you should be okay.

Regards,
    Tim

Tim_W no está en línea Stack level 2

I forgot to tell you one last thing. Go to your ADDRESS BOOK, then OPTIONS. make sure the Wireless Sych is set to YES. this sychronizes your contacts on the desktop or laptop to your BB.

Regards,
    Tim