Hello all! My first post to this group. Hi everyone. I have searched the forums ... Server Admins forum

Spoook no está en línea BES Pro

CDOCalendar::Initialize - Invalid CDO timezone setting

Advertisement

Hello all!

My first post to this group. Hi everyone. I have searched the forums and google, so I hope this hasn't been addressed. If so, feel free to tell me i'm dumb and refer me to the correct place...

Have BES 4.1.3.18 on a SBS2003 server. I know it's naughty to put it on a server with Exchange, but I found a few good posts around saying how to do it and did it before without a problem, so I thought I would do it for our own little company. Had HUGE problems installing it (all SQL related - can't even remember how I fixed it, but got things working under SQL2005). anyway, most things are working except the calender sync from the BB to the Exchange mailboxes. I get the following errors in the event log:

From Messaging Agent:
    {user} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Invalid CDO timezone setting
    {user_email_address} Synchronize() failed: ERR_NOT_INITIALIZED, Tag=1943
    {user_email_address} Synchronize() failed: ERR_NOT_INITIALIZED, Tag=1944

The BES log doesn't tell me much more as far as I can see...
    Here's what I have done so far:

1. Checked all permissions everywhere
    2. Copied cdo.dll from bin directory in Exchange to system32
    3. Registered both CDO.dlls at different times to see if that would help
    4. Checked versions of CDO.dll to make sure they were the same
    5. I noticed that my version of cdo.dll wasn't the same as the normal SP2 version (due to an SP upgrade that updated australian time zone settings). My version was 6.5.7651.61. So I copied the old dll (version 6.5.7638.2) back into \bin and \system32 and re-registered the \system32 one.
    6. Tried to register mapi32.dll in the system32 directory, but got an error: "mapi32 was loaded, but the dllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

Anyway, still getting the same errors when the calendars try to sync... If anyone has any sage advice to give me, it would be REALLY appreciated!

thanks in advance...

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Re: CDOCalendar::Initialize - Invalid CDO timezone setting

That is weird, I know SBS is it's own beast. Have done multiple installations myself. The dll's that are applied from the DST patch for you should be correct, I don't think that is the problem. Since it all is running on the same system. I am assuming that you have put Exchange 2003 SP2 on it. The time updates are in that too. If not I know you have problems here in the states. If you have not tried that yet, I would give that a try. Also, you might also have to apply other updated to SBS too when you do this.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 04-10-2007 at 02:35 PM.

Hi MWPatterson. Thanks for your reply. To answer your q, yes I have SP2 and all other SBS updates. It's really frustrating because even a google search on cdo time zones brings up little. I would call BB tech support but my experience with them is they are hopeless...

Cute kids.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Thanks. I have called them on issues before and got good results. I guess it all depends on what your problem is. Have you applied any patches to your devices that apply the new DST information to your blackberry? In the states we had to put a patch on devices that did not include the new DST info. I am wondering if this is the case for you too? Need to do a little more research about the Australian DST change for blackberry. If there is a patch for your device if you call they can get that for ya.

Here is the site that I got my info for the DST Patch for me from. I don't know if it will help but, it is worth looking at.
    http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst2007/
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 04-11-2007 at 09:20 AM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the reply again. When you call do you go through to a mob in Egypt? They have been no help for bes related questions so far but I'll give them another go. As for updates for the device - I never considered I might have to do something on the bb. I?lways assumed it was the bes. I'll have a look.