First, the obligatory disclaimer. My Exchange/BES admin is on vacation, so I'm seeing to updating ... Server Admins forum

Carl Curry no está en línea Stack level 1

CDO Update on BES Server

Advertisement

First, the obligatory disclaimer. My Exchange/BES admin is on vacation, so I'm seeing to updating our enterprise environment/handhelds for DST. Sorry if the question seems uninformed. I've read many posts on these forums, and the docs available on Blackberry's site.
    One thing still leaves me confused.
    Page 5 of the 'Updating your BlackBerry Environment' doc says 'Apply the most recent CDO to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and the Microsoft Exchange Server'. OK.
    The CDO.dll is wrapped in this KB update...Exchange2003-KB926666-v2-x86-ENU.exe
    But our BlackBerry server doesn't have Exchange on it. Will I even be able to run this patch on the BES?
    What if I just copied the cdo.dll off an Exchange box after running the update over to the BES? Anybody tried that?

Any input appreciated.
    Thanks.

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: CDO Update on BES Server

i too am in the same position... This evening i will be replacing the cdo.dll file.

i know in older versions of bes and goodlink, you had to have a specific version of cdo.dl. They had to be identical on the exchange server and the bes server. This file is installed when you install bes/goodlink...

What i will do is, search the bes server for the cdo.dll. Turn off bes, copy old file out and replace with the newest version via ms kb article you suggested. This of course should be done after you applied the patch to exchange.

Make sure to run the dst sendas tool so your users don't lose the function of creating new emails. This process should be done before any upgrades.

hope this is helpful. someone please let me know if i am wrong.

Carl Curry no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the reply. Seems like a reasonable approach. I'd be very interested to hear if you have any file locked/file in use type stuff when you try to drop in the new cdo.dll.
    And, if so, how far (disable/stop this that and the other thing) you have to go to get the file in place.

Thanks.

BES'm All no está en línea Stack level 1
    MS world
    As long as the BES CDO is newer than exchange your ok.
    Rename your old cdo (cdo.rev) and copy the new one you extract from the kb, don't forget to register the cdo :-)
    We're almost done, we patched the 40 exch srv's OS, then the bes kb you mentioned on exch and on bes (last), and we've been pushing the dst patch mgr to our 2,000 users 80/bes at night, and 50/bes noonish, depending on how many get done, more during the day. Don't push it too much you bes box will slowdown when trying to deliver mail. Rim came out with the 4.1.2.8 dst patch mgr and the dst2007query tool rev 2.8, ensure to use the -synch back option and restart the synch service.

BES'm All no está en línea Stack level 1
    Edits..
    Ms kb not bes kb
    Also we ran the ms exch rebasting tool to update all the mbxes. Caustion to clients, if they get multiple calendar updates, must accept only the 1st, delete the rest or client will get multiple cal entries.
    Bb updates are much quicker if clients go to the rim website and download the patch direct but if BES'd at the risk of having to open up 3rd party downloads.

Shamoox no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually Microsoft has an update to the rebase tool, which adds command line switchs like /forcerebasesupressnotifications no idea who's brain child the length of that switch was but it just fixes the reoccuring calander meetings without spamming the users with notifications.