My carrier offers to sell BES for $3k plus, and since we have less than ... Server Admins forum

jeremyparr no está en línea Stack level 1

Carrier requirements for BES

Advertisement

My carrier offers to sell BES for $3k plus, and since we have less than 10 users, I was hoping to use BES Small Business instead. I put my PIN number in to the RIM site and registered, downloaded BES SBS, installed with the keys sent to me by RIM, but the server does not communicate with my Blackberry. It is on a GSM network with Edge, and BIS is working. Does my carrier need to enable anything special on my account to enable me to connect to a BES server?

fidget no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Carrier requirements for BES

You must have the BB bes feature on the account, not the bis. Usually there is a higher cost for bes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tom_vachon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AE3FA5

Fidget is right on the money here. For TMO it is an extra 10 a month to get BES usage.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Fidget and tom are correct, believe at&t's BES feature is $44.99
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

I spoke with my carrier, and they are telling me that nothing special needs to be done to my account to work with BES. They only offer one Blackberry service plan, and this works with BIS or BES. Do I need to notify them that I am running a BES server? Or should all the routing be handled automatically?

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

What other troubleshooting have you done? Have you read the install and admin guides for your BES product? What mail system are you running. You have given us no details. Have you verified your BES can communicate with RIM? Can your BES communicate with your messaging system? Is your MSDE/SQL set up correctly? Do you have the proper permissions in place?

What exactly have you done other than clicked install, next, next, finish? You post lacks any real details.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

My carrier has confirmed that they only have one plan, and once signed up the device should work with BIS or BES. BIS registration is successful, with emails going to my username@carrier.blackberry.com account. Our new BES installation with Domino however, is still not talking to my phone. I add my user from the Domino directory to the BES server using the Blackberry Manager application, tell it to email me the activation code, and it shows up in my inbox. I attempt the activation, and via the Notes console I see the RIM email from "network" arriving for me at the server, and it gets intercepted by the BES task in notes, but my PIN number never shows up next to my username in Blackberry manager, and status remains as "Initializing"

Not too sure where to turn from here.

EDIT:

I have also noticed that in the Blackberry Manager, I see "SRP Status: Disconnected"
    Last edited by jeremyparr; 08-20-2007 at 04:23 PM.

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

Maybe run through Task 4 of Module 3 from this page

And try this:

1. Go to the console of the BES server.
    2. Start the BlackBerry Server Configuration program.
    3. From the BlackBerry Router tab, click Test Connection.

Is that above test successful?
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

I went through those modules (although I am Domino not Exchange, I still get the point) My SRP status was disconnected, but once I emailed RIM they re enabled the SRP. The activation request message arrives at my BES/Domino server fine, but no data ever gets back to my phone. It is tough, since my carrier does not support the BES Express.

Turns out my phone was not set up with the carrier to support BES, even though they swore that it was. Took a call to Rim to check what services were attached to that PIN to validate what was sugested.