Hi, I'm running BES 4.1.4.15 and Exchange 2003 and I'm experiencing an issue where I ... Server Admins forum

rileymartin no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't send new email from device or reply from device

Advertisement

Hi,
    I'm running BES 4.1.4.15 and Exchange 2003 and I'm experiencing an issue where I can receive email on my handheld, I can send a PIN message to myself but I can't send from my device or reply to any email from my device. When I open the failed sent email on my device with the red X and scroll up it says:

Send Using: Desktop
    (Secure)
    Folder: Sent Items
    Message Status: Message included an invalid address

I know the email addresses are valid because I send a message to my handheld through Hotmail and then on my handheld I reply to the email I just received but it still says the address is invalid. I'm new to BES so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Riley

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well you could try resending service books from the BES, just delete the ones associated with desktop, and in BES manager select your username and resend service books...

Also try changing the emails you send to, so send an email from your bb to another email other than the hotmail account you were trying to send to. So you can see if its a problem with the email address you are trying to send to...

Hope that helps!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thank you for your help.

I've never deleted service books before. Do I delete the service books from my device? There are about 25, do I delete them one by one and then resend from the BES? Thanks.

coachthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just had this issue on one of my BES this morning. It is a know issue with version 4.1.4.
    KB14349 has the fix. Its pretty simple to do.

Thank you for your help.

I searched and found a few articles that said to try disabling LDAP or recreating the MAPI profile as you pointed out. Other articles just said to restart the server. I wasn't sure about making any changes just yet so I settled on restarting the server first to see if that somehow resolved the issue.

Sure enough, I restarted the server and the problem magically dissappeared. I hate that. I hate restarting the server and not knowing what the problem was, the cause and what actually fixed it.

I'm new to BES so I'm just learning. Do you know of any good troubleshooting documents that I could learn from so I would know what to look for next time there is an issue and where to look? I looked through the log files, event viewer and made sure the SRP status was connected, but I really wasn't sure what to look for or where to start. I saw there were a lot of different log files in the BES logfiles directory. I was hoping there was one or more articles that explained some sort of general progression of steps and things to look at when you encounter certain types of problems. Thanks.

Riley