I have a user that 1. can receive emails but not send emails 2. can ... Server Admins forum

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2

can't send messages

Advertisement

I have a user that

1. can receive emails but not send emails
    2. can receive and send pins
    3. can receive and make calls

everything went good on the enterprise activation no errors.. the devise is good (tried someone elses email it works fine)
    all service books are there..

any ideas
    Thanks
    Sassy

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Re: can't send messages

Quote Originally Posted by SassySweet
    I have a user that

1. can receive emails but not send emails
    2. can receive and send pins
    3. can receive and make calls

everything went good on the enterprise activation no errors.. the devise is good (tried someone elses email it works fine)
    all service books are there..

any ideas
    have a look as recieve as permission on the domain/BESAdmin account on your user account. BESAdmin should have recieve as permission for each user on BES, this happens to me a lot when I add new users to Exchange and forget to add this extra permission, let me know if it works,

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Also make sure that you are not trying to use a Domain Admin Account. The permissions for them get reset every 15 minutes or so. If it is a Domain Admin Account you have 3 choices, lower the security on the Domain Admin Account (Not Recommended), forward mail to a user account and then use BB from that, or use OWA for Exchange.

I would set BESAdmin to have rights for all users in the Domain. this does Excluded Domain Admin Accounts. Do this on the Root of the Domain, this way all users new and old have the same rights.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 06-04-2007 at 04:31 PM.

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2

nope I just hung up with my server guys.... all permissions are correct
    I'll let you know what they come up with.. or if you guys have anything else

thanks
    for the suggestions I did ask my guys
    Thanks
    Sassy

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

What type of account is the problem on? What rights does he/she have?

garycutri no está en línea Stack level 3

To correct the "Send As" issue I have outlined the steps I use to quickly resolve this issue:

1. Stop the Blackberry Router service.

2. Open Active Directory and from the View menu select "Advanced Features". Then go to each user that will be added to the BES and open their properties, go to the security tab and add the user BESadmin and add the security permission "Send As".

3. Run the following script logged on as Administrator
    Note: Only use this step if you have BlackBerry users that are members of Admin groups. Using best practice methods it is recommended that mobile user accounts aren't members of any administration groups.

dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=domainname,dc=c om " /G "DOMAINNAME\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 1: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=pinstack,dc=com " /G "PINSTACK\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 2: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=blackberryforums,dc =com,dc=au " /G "BLACKBERRYFORUMS\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

Example 3: dsacls "cn=adminsdholder,cn=system,dc=mobilenetwork,dc=lo cal" /G "MOBILENETWORK\BESadmin:CA;Send As"

NOTE: dsacls can be found in the Windows Server 2003 SP1 Support Tools pack: Download details: Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 32-bit Support Tools

4. Wait 20 minutes and then restart the BlackBerry Router service.

5. Restart the BES server.
    Blackberry Support Forums - Asia Pacific
    www.blackberryforums.com.au

JrdnAndrea no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30171F5E

I am going to try this tomorrow...it's printing now. Thanks so much for this last suggestion. Our President was fiddling with something a couple of weekends ago and now she can't send any messages....I have spent the past week and a bit trying to figure something out, and now it looks like I am going to have to bring someone in from outside to iron it out and then explain it all to me.

~Andrea