I have had the Opera mini browser on my blackberry for a while now but ... Server Admins forum

MadCOw no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Cant get Opera to work

Advertisement

I have had the Opera mini browser on my blackberry for a while now but I recently set up a BES. Now I am unable to browse the web using the Opera browser. What do I have to change in order to get this to work? I installed beejive yesterday and it connects no problem. The default Provider browser connects to the net fine.

Also I cant get the Coporate Browser to work either, it was installed once I connected to the BES, and I assume it can be used to browse the intranet and or to browse the net through the corporate connection and firewalls?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Cant get Opera to work

your IT policy may be to blame, my suggestion is check with IT guys.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

MadCOw no está en línea Stack level 2

lol unfortunatly I am the IT guy, I sorta jumped into this and now Im using my phone as the guinea pig to figure this stuff out. What sort of thing am I looking for in the IT policy

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

not my area but hang around and people will pop in and help!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

fortyeighty no está en línea Stack level 2

Did you install opera and it worked before the bes? I don't have much experience with bes, but for me to make opera work I had to modify my TCP in the advanced settings. I changed mine to wap.voicestream.com as per recommendation from these forums. Hope this helps. And it setup the internet just fine
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~