I have just had 5 replacement BBs (2x7120, 2x8707 and 1x 8700) while I have ... Server Admins forum

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Thumbs up Can't Activate 8707

Advertisement

I have just had 5 replacement BBs (2x7120, 2x8707 and 1x 8700) while I have 5 Pearls off for repair.
    The BIS user was done in seconds with change device.
    3 BES users, set acitvation password, went to device - > Enterprise Acitvation, BANG, all running in a matter of minutes.

The last 8707 just will not activate.
    Have tried method as above, it starts to activte, get the icon on zen theme, of the suitcase with 4 red arrows, 0% - after, clicking on the icon you see all the usual headings "initializing" but after two minutes, the icon is gone, nothing has synced - it allows you to try and compose a message but on send I get red X" - so it has started the activation, otherwise it would say no message services configured etc.

I have tried to attach to server and say assign user - get the message "Cannot retireve status from device"

There is no existing polcy on device, I have tried battery pull, wipe device, delete user from BES , put back on still nothing.

Ideas welcome

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca

Re: Can't Activate 8707

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my next step as a bes admin would be to totaly reinstall the os on the device from your desktop using the dm because sounds like something on the device is corrupt.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Re: Can't Activate 8707

I am now having the same problem with an 8300, plugged into DM, usual swap device dialogue appears and continues, in BES the Policy Applied reads ERROR ? any ideas? It cannot the policy as if I plug my 8700 in it switches back fine.

Could it be a BES issues?