Having problems with a Blackberry activation that I've never come across before and wondering if ... Server Admins forum

impressme no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Cannot decode NID

Advertisement

Having problems with a Blackberry activation that I've never come across before and wondering if anyone here can help.

Blackberry device is running v4.1 software. BES I believe is now running the most recent version, along with the most recent Domino Server version. 4 free CAL's with about 130 user accounts. When activating the device, the following entries show up in the Domino log:

08/24/2007 02:07:36 PM Unable to extract attachment ETP.DAT
    08/24/2007 02:07:36 PM {John Doe/ABC/123} Cannot decode NID=B5EE for user John Doe/ABC/123
    08/24/2007 02:07:37 PM Unable to extract attachment ETP.DAT
    08/24/2007 02:07:37 PM {John Doe/ABC/123} Cannot decode NID=B5F2 for user John Doe/ABC/123

So I know it's not a service provider issue since the device is hitting the server. A soft and hard boot of the device before trying activation again did not resolve the issue, including removing the battery. The users account was also removed and created again. The only thing I haven't done is restart the Domino Server, but I'd rather avoid doing this if possible.

Anyone see this before?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Cannot decode NID

Any luck with this?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

lershac no está en línea Stack level 1

Just a shot in the dark, but whenever I have problems activating a handset/user, I always just back up the handset and then nuke it. Always works for me. Never had to jump into the logs

darrenlowndes no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

Did you have any joy with this. I am having the exact same problem but with just a single user???

Thanks

kerseyr no está en línea Stack level 1
    It is an Encryption issue....

I too have the problem and the following is supposed to fix it:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...00%20115320634

But I doesn't seem to work for me!!