I just finished implementing BES Express in our company. I used my BB as the ... Server Admins forum

briansblair no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4011ad83

Can you reload msgs through BES that were deleted from the handheld

Advertisement

I just finished implementing BES Express in our company. I used my BB as the test unit for activation. I used Delete Prior to delete all messages on my BB, thinking I was deleting the messages that were stored on my blackberry and not the ones that would come over from the BES connection. That apparently was not the case as now I cannot see any messages before when I did the delete prior command.

Is there any way to resend all the messages or clear out what the BB device thinks has been deleted?

Thanks

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4
    You should have really done a backup BEFORE, and thus now you could restore it to the device. Now you'd need to manually forward each email...

briansblair no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4011ad83

Re: Can you reload msgs through BES that were deleted from the handheld

Quote Originally Posted by navilyn
    You should have really done a backup BEFORE, and thus now you could restore it to the device. Now you'd need to manually forward each email...
    But the messages I am trying to recover are all sitting in Exchange. I just deleted the messages on my BB. I could probably wipe my BB and redo the Enterprise Activation, but I'm just looking for a quicker way to do it.

How does the BB know which messages it has received from the BES? Is that kept in a service book?

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Not sure exactly, but if you remove the device from BES, and re-add it, it still WON'T place those emails that are on Exchange back onto the device - unless the BES / connector saw them as new (no, not mark as unread!)

BES works on a basis of "from now on". Meaning if you add the device now, it will send all NEW emails to the device...

jrbes no está en línea Stack level 1

When you remove the user from the BES and choose to remove the information from the users mailbox when you add the user back, it will populate the BB with the the number of messages or number of days you have set for "prepopulation" and no more.
    Last edited by jrbes; 06-11-2007 at 05:00 PM.
    In case of Emergency, PIN me.

mobilityguy no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm a Notes guy so not sure if this will work in Exchange.

Cut and paste the message from the inbox that you want delivered to the device. This creates the message as a new document that the BES identifies as needign to be sent to the handheld.