I am having a very frustrating issue with a couple of our handhelds, and I ... Server Admins forum

Ontittech no está en línea Stack level 1

Can Send but not Receive E-mail on some Handhelds

Advertisement

I am having a very frustrating issue with a couple of our handhelds, and I cannot find a resolution.

We are running BES 4.1 with 25 7250's on Lotus Domino 6.5.1.

3-4 of these units are having a problem with receiving E-mail.
    They are able to send fine, but any received message is just put in the pending queue on the BES and never sent.

When I look at the BES it shows that they are pending, and Domino states the following when a new message is received:

01/17/2007 03:20:50 PM {User/Morphy} Message sent to handheld (PIN 300#####, "mail\user" on CN=notes01/O=Morphy): folder "($Inbox)", posted date 01/17/2007 03:23:49 PM, added date 01/17/2007 03:23:50 PM, TID=377359, RID=-149132417, NID=A252

01/17/2007 03:21:50 PM {user/Morphy} OTAFM: notification sent to handheld, TID=377360

01/17/2007 03:22:51 PM {user/Morphy} Message queue: total pending packets=1, packets sent to wireless network=1, internal packets=0, queued events=1
    (Username and PIN removed)

I have been able to briefly resolve these issues by clearing the pending messages queue on the BES, or by re-activating the BB.

I have restarted the BES, reactivated the users (Both OTA, and docked) resent the service book. Soft and Hard booted the BB, and none of these solutions have resolved the problem perminently.

It is really starting to annoy me as just when I think it is fixed, the user brings the BB back to me saying that it's not receiving E-mail again.

bbtec no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D76E42

Re: Can Send but not Receive E-mail on some Handhelds

What sw version are the blackberries running? Haow many licenses do you have available on the bes? I've seen it where if the server is running at full capacity wierd things can happen ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

One of the affected is running 4.1.0.292 the rest are running 4.0.2.29.

and the BES is not maxed on licences as we have 1 licence that is still available (user is no longer with Company)

I am going to try up update the users on 4.0 to 4.1 when I can get my hands on their units as the one that was affected with 4.1 has not had a problem since I re-added it to the BES (about a week ago)

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ontittech
    I am having a very frustrating issue with a couple of our handhelds, and I cannot find a resolution.

We are running BES 4.1 with 25 7250's on Lotus Domino 6.5.1.

3-4 of these units are having a problem with receiving E-mail.
    They are able to send fine, but any received message is just put in the pending queue on the BES and never sent.

When I look at the BES it shows that they are pending, and Domino states the following when a new message is received:

01/17/2007 03:20:50 PM {User/Morphy} Message sent to handheld (PIN 300#####, "mail\user" on CN=notes01/O=Morphy): folder "($Inbox)", posted date 01/17/2007 03:23:49 PM, added date 01/17/2007 03:23:50 PM, TID=377359, RID=-149132417, NID=A252

01/17/2007 03:21:50 PM {user/Morphy} OTAFM: notification sent to handheld, TID=377360

01/17/2007 03:22:51 PM {user/Morphy} Message queue: total pending packets=1, packets sent to wireless network=1, internal packets=0, queued events=1
    (Username and PIN removed)

I have been able to briefly resolve these issues by clearing the pending messages queue on the BES, or by re-activating the BB.

I have restarted the BES, reactivated the users (Both OTA, and docked) resent the service book. Soft and Hard booted the BB, and none of these solutions have resolved the problem perminently.

It is really starting to annoy me as just when I think it is fixed, the user brings the BB back to me saying that it's not receiving E-mail again.
    Given that its domino your running, and it's more than one user, have you run any maintenance tasks recently? i'm thinking fixup, updall, compact..? Or just hard deleting the users from the server before you reactivate them?

we run a Compact/Cleanup on all Databases once a week, and I have tried a fixup on the affected accounts, but it does not seem to resolve the issue either.