Hi, I have an 8310 running v4.2.2.146 with BES (not sure how to find out ... Server Admins forum

eloise no está en línea Stack level 1

How can Outlook Email stay unread when read on Blackberry?

Advertisement

Hi, I have an 8310 running v4.2.2.146 with BES (not sure how to find out which version) with Outlook 2003. Currently when I read an Email on Blackberry it marks it as read on Outlook. However, when I read an Email on the Blackberry I do not want it to show as unread on Outlook. How can I change this behaviour?

Also, when I read a message on Outlook I would like it to show as read on Blackberry - again how do I do this as currently the Email stays unread on Blackberry?

Thanks!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: How can Outlook Email stay unread when read on Blackberry?

Go into the Messages application, click the [Menu] button (button to the Left of the Trackball) and select Options --> Email Reconciliation. Scroll down to Wireless Reconcile, and if it's set to On, hit the [Space] bar to change it to Off. Hit [Esc] (button to the Right of the Trackball) and select Save.
    JerryD

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3

Well instructed "jdellasala". Welcome to PinStack "Eloise"! Let us know if there is anything else we could help you with.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Welcome to Pinstack eloise. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Welcome, you've found the place for great help.

syclone1978 no está en línea Stack level 2

It seemed to work, thanks

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

does that only work for outlooK?

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l
    does that only work for outlooK?
    Only for BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) setups. Not for BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service).
    JerryD

eloise no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, If I uncheck wireless reconciliation then will my contacts/calendar entries/notes still get updated automatically? Thanks, E

Quote Originally Posted by eloise
    Hi, If I uncheck wireless reconciliation then will my contacts/calendar entries/notes still get updated automatically? Thanks, E
    Only if you're on BES, and Wireless Sync is set to Yes in each app. For example, go into the Address Book, Click the wheel/menu button and select Options. If you're on a BES, there should be a line Wireless Synchronization that needs to be set to Yes.

If you are on a BES and don't have that line, contact your BES administrator.
    JerryD

mateo el feo no está en línea Stack level 1

One-way sync

Great, that worked for me too; thanks. Is it possible, though, to have emails that I open from my desktop computer in Outlook show as "read" in my Blackberry? Ideally, I'd like my BB to be more of a notification device when I'm away from my desk. So I never want emails to show as "read" on Outlook if I open them from my BB, but I always want them to show as "read" on my BB if I open them from Outlook. Something tells me that's not possible, but I'd be very appreciative if anyone knows of a way.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    As of yet, thats not possible mateo. But who knows, maybe one. The alternative is if you open the message then mark it as unread on the bb and that will make it unopened in your outlook.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

Quote Originally Posted by mateo el feo View Post
    Great, that worked for me too; thanks. Is it possible, though, to have emails that I open from my desktop computer in Outlook show as "read" in my Blackberry? Ideally, I'd like my BB to be more of a notification device when I'm away from my desk. So I never want emails to show as "read" on Outlook if I open them from my BB, but I always want them to show as "read" on my BB if I open them from Outlook. Something tells me that's not possible, but I'd be very appreciative if anyone knows of a way.
    As indicated above, a one way "read" isn't possible - it's either on or off.

However, you can easily mark emails as Read (or Unread) in the Messages list - scroll to a date break (hit T for Top or P for Previous day or N for Next day on a full QWERTY device - not sure other models), Click the wheel/trackball and select Mark Prior Open to mark all older emails as read.
    JerryD