We have an existing BES license with 5 users. I am in the position that ... Server Admins forum

rreid no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can you install Blackberry Professional with Blackberry server SRP?

Advertisement

We have an existing BES license with 5 users. I am in the position that i have to rebuild my BES from scratch due to some corruption that won't allow it to access Exchange 2007 despite repeated troubleshooting attempts including redoing the BES admin account several times. Reasons too long to list.

Can i just do an install of Blackberry professional and use my BES SRP and CALS? I know that you can do a migration to pro from BES if your BES server is up, but mine isn't.

We will never have more than five users so i would like to run professional on my MS Exchange box to reduce the number of machines that i have to manage. My exchange box can handle the load.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?

ashworth no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes you should be able to install BPS with the same SRP. The only thing I can think of is the cals issues. with BPS you can have 30 uers now. and the old bes express or SME BES had a limit of 15 users. I think you should be able to use your current cals, but if you want to get to get past 15 users on your BES you will need to get the unlock key from RIM.

Hope this helps.

okamosy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2067acbe
    Like ashworth said, the only real problem would be with the CALs. Depending on the version of BES you are currently using (Full BES, or SBE, or Express), it may not be compatible. The only ones that will work is the full BES CALs.

If this doesn't make sense, feel free to PM me.