I am the admin for our company BES server. (no training issued). Calendar sync works ... Server Admins forum

flyboy60 no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar Wireless Sync

Advertisement

I am the admin for our company BES server. (no training issued). Calendar sync works in one way mode - if you update your outlook calendar on your PC that updates your BB, but it does not for appointments placed in the BB! (that is it does not update the outlook on the computer).
    Yes I have bidirectional sync enabled, I have tried turning the calendar sync on the BB 7100 on and off (yes/no) but to no avail.
    BES 4.1 at service pack 1
    Could someone point me in the direction to get this working - logs,permissions,how all this works,etc.
    Just by way of info - BESadmin has domain admin rights, only have one BES Server.

coachthomas no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Calendar Wireless Sync

We had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. The solution for us was to upgrade the CDO.DLL on the BES to the same version as was on the Exchange server. Worth looking into.

Crewdawg257 no está en línea BES Pro

Has this resolved the problem?
    --
    I suspect that Microsoft Access is nothing but Microsoft Excel with a VBScript wrapper.
    - Unknown

Nope - not for us! How do I go about making sure that the CDO.DLL is at the same version!

Just checked the versions of the CDO.DLL both are at - 6.5.7651.61

tburke no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Does this happen for all users on the BES or only some?

HaMakor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203813B3

Hey there flyboy, I'm guessing that with the cdo.dll files both at the same version you have the Exchange System Manager at the same version on both the Exchange and BES servers as well? This was what I needed to do to get this to function at one site, but the other key issue is the security settings on the mail boxes in the Exchange server. Check the following (I'm using "BESadmin" as the BES user account):

On the BES server go to Admin Tools and open "Local Security Policy" and expand the "Local Policies" and "User Right Assignment". You need to add the BESadmin account to "Log on Locally" and "Log on as Service".

Open Exchange System Manager and right mouse click on "DOMAINNAME (Exchange)" and select Delegate Control. Follow the steps and add BESadmin as an Exchange View Only Administrator.

In Exchange manager expand the servers folder and right mouse click on your mail server/s and select properties. On the properties windows select BESadmin and add the permissions "Administer Mailbox Store, Receive As, Send As" [this has to propagate down] *** this is a key requirement

Open Active Directory and from the View menu select "Advanced Features". Then go to each user that will be added (or has already been added) to the BES and open their properties, go to the security tab and add the user BESadmin and add the security permission "Send As". (This will overcome some MS patches that prevent BES sending emails)

HAMAKOR you are the man - It worked

wjaysdad no está en línea Stack level 1

HaMakor, I'm having the exact same issue that flyboy 60 had. I went through all of the steps on this thread and everything seemes to be just as it should and yet I still have users stating that thecalendar syncing is unidirectional from desktop to Blackberry only. What else might I check?

Ritchiepdr no está en línea Stack level 1

Hamaker, I have the same problem with the calendar not syncing. I had already done the steps you laid out but I can't find the cdo.dll on my bes server. Could you give me the location of that file.
    On the Exchange Server I'm running SBS2003 R2 which has the latest cdo.dll running. Any help would be appreciated.

daddygene no está en línea Stack level 1

I too have the same issue. Just one of my users(me!) is experiencing the one-way sync issue. Could it have been a window's update that screwed things up? I am pretty sure nothing has changed on either the BES or the exchange server. Everything was working perfectly for the last 9 months until September 1st.

UCMO_byerly no está en línea Stack level 1

Anyone out there running BES for Groupwise with this issue?

thomas.mueller no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24F994C3

Since september we has the same problem only one way sync is runnig. Are there any news about?

wrf_gonzalezd no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello

Newbie to the forum.

We are currently having this issue and its starting to become a bigger issue. One way calendar syncing from Outlook to BB device is ok, but not from BB device to outlook. Cant add invtees also which I am assuming its due to the same reason.

I have tried the several permissions settings and all seems fine. CDO.dll are the same version (6.5.7940.0).

The only thing I can see we might have different is Exchange. We are running Exchange 2007. Anyone out there having this problem with Exchange 2007? Any solutions?

Thank you in advanced.

Danny