This seems to be a fairly common problem, but all of the other answers didn't ... Server Admins forum

ryananderson no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar Sync Problems

Advertisement

This seems to be a fairly common problem, but all of the other answers didn't seem to address the specific problem that I have.

I'm not the admin, but my company just started using BES, and everything works fine in syncing with exchange... tasks, contacts, email... everything except for Calendar.

Thing is, in the BES software, there is no option for setting the Calendar sync preferences in the PIM. This is the same for all users.

Seems like a pretty simple problem, but it's been going on for a week and it's driving me batty. Any suggestions I can pass along?

Ryan

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Calendar Sync Problems

If your not the BES admin, what BES software are you referring to? What version of BES? Exchange, Domino, or Groupwise? If you look at the Calendar options on the handheld do you see a Wireless Synchronization setting?

It's an exchange server, and I've already checked the wireless sync on the handheld. It's set to "Yes" and we've tried slow syncing, wired syncing, wiping out and starting over and the handheld still won't sync wirelessly.

The problem seems to be that on the software side, there are no options for Calendar sync in the PIM, but everything else is there. Is there something specific that you have to do to enable Calendar sync?

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Make sure the Disable Calendar Wireless Sync is set to FALSE in the IT Policy.

Just checked that. It was set to default, but now set to false. Still no sync, sadly.

Would exchange 2000 make a difference? We're upgrading to 2003 shortly, but right now we're on the old version.

jmarkpol no está en línea Stack level 1

I've got the same problem...help!

oamr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205d2c9a

Lightbulb Re: Calendar Sync Problems

I have similar problem with the calendar synchronization.

My BES version is 4.1.4.15
    The Exchange version is 2003.

CDO.dll versión 6.5.7638.2
    Mapi32.dll versión 6.5.7638.1

Generally, a lot of users have calendar synchronization problems. A part of them cannot receive emails too.

shanu_pacer no está en línea Stack level 2

What version of BES you r running?? And can u explain wot u mean by "in the BES software, there is no option for setting the Calendar sync preferences in the PIM", where on BES you are looking for this option?

joepelaez no está en línea Stack level 1

Any resolutions here, we are having the same problem.

Thanks

NWITguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Calendar Sync Problems

We too are having the same problem. Windows 2000 server, BES 4.1.4.15. It's only with one of our users though, and she's got a sync icon stuck ontop of her calendar icon on he blackberry desktop. Any ideas?