I have a user who is repeatedly having issues with calendar entries on his BB. ... Server Admins forum

mlilley01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Calendar sync issues

Advertisement

I have a user who is repeatedly having issues with calendar entries on his BB. He uses his handheld to administer his Outlook account rather than his PC. All works fine, except he has an intermittent problem where he ammends or deletes an appointment in the calendar on his BB it makes the relevant change on his outlook calendar on his desktop, but the original entry is still there on his BB.

He is pretty much the only one (that we know of) out of 500+ users that is having this issue, but he happens to be one of the very top men in the organisation, so we're being hassled to fix it. We've tried Vodafones BB support, but I was just wondering if anyone on here had any ideas on what we can look for?

BES version 4.1.6.9
    User BB version 4.5.0.55 (platform 2.7.0.68)
    Exchange v5.5

BoldOperator no está en línea Stack level 1
    This sounds like some minor issue with the database on his device. Should be very easy to clean up. On the BlackBerry, open the Calendar, hit the Menu key and go to Options. Anywhere on this screen, type "rset", no quotes. You won't see anything until you are done typing. This command will wipe his calendar databases on the phone and reload from the server. Problem should be resolved.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

mlilley01 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Thanks, but we've already done a full wipe of the handset and also replaced the handset twice! The problem seems to go away for a while, then reappear randomly. We have gone as far as deleting the BES account, wiping the handheld, recreating the BES account and going through activation again. This works for a while, but then the issue rears its head again.

BoldOperator no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ah. Well, then it's probably not the handset... unless you were restoring databases after wiping or exchanging it. If not, then it sounds like the only thing that you haven't addressed is the user's data. I'd export his information into a .pst file, run ScanSPT, clear the original, and import from the cleaned data.