I recently connected my personal blackberry to my company's BES for IBM Lotus and a ... Server Admins forum

flaxman no está en línea Stack level 1

Calendar Problem: Cannot Change "All Day Event" Box on Saved Appointments

Advertisement

I recently connected my personal blackberry to my company's BES for IBM Lotus and a wierd thing has happened with my calendar. When I create an appointment I can choose between checking the box for "all day event," or picking a specific time (this is normal). Once I make a selection and save the event I can go back and edit it, but the "all day event" box has a red backslash through it and I can't change that setting. If I previously had an all day event that I want to change to a specific time (for example I knew I had a tentatively scheduled meeting on Friday but hadn't yet picked a specific time), the only thing I can do is delete the appointment and start over which means I would have to retype all the information.

I'm pretty sure that the BES for IBM Lotus is to blame from some troubleshooting I've done. I took another blackberry and wiped everything. I tried creating calendar events, saving them, and then checking and unchecking the "all day event" box without any problems. I then connected that freshly wiped blackberry to the network and found the same problem all over again. Once I saved an apointment it was impossible to check or uncheck the "all day event" box.

I should say as a disclaimer that I'm not a network adminsitrator. My IT department is overloaded and say they won't have time to look into the problem for a few weeks. I'm trying to find the solution on my own, but I know that I'm a bit over my head here. Has anybody heard of this problem? I've found nothing about it online.

-Michael

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Calendar Problem: Cannot Change "All Day Event" Box on Saved Appointments

This is not a bug it is how it works. When I train new BB users I always tell them once they decide on an all day event ( or repeating event) once you decide your stuck if you want to change it you have to delet the orginal and recreate the way you want it now.

flaxman no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't think so. Have you tried playing with a freshly wiped blackberry that's not conected to BES? I've never had the problem before syncing with BES.

DaTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31c96188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ just an FYI bb has just put out a software patch for some calander issues , not sure if it will help . Just letting you know